New theory Flood creation theory

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Re: New theory Flood creation theory

Unread post by Crunchman »

Lurono wrote: I bet it's just a reference to Marathon... Kinda like how you can find the Marathon symbol everywhere. Hasn't Bungie said that the Marathon and Halo storylines are two completely different things? I very HIGHLY doubt that we will see ANY connection between the two games. We will see references made to Marathon, but we WONT see Durandal or any other character from Marathon make a serious appearance in Halo 3 (they may do a cameo, however, which is still different from what can be considered a canonical appearance).
I agree, we won't see any Marathon characters appear in Halo 3. That would just be bizzare.
Though, if I'm correct, the Marathon Man achievement is related to the terminals, so there should be any major references anyway.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Check out the last question in this interview, and the reply:

http://www.armchairempire.com/Interview ... -games.htm

I imagine Marathon fans will get something to make them happy, but I think it will be subtle and vague enough to leave us discussing and interpreting it endlessly. Having Durandal show up and be behind everything might be interesting, but would be completely incomprehensible and meaningless to 99.9% of the people playing the game. The last thing Bungie wants is for people to complain about the ending to this game, too.
MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MasterChief2829 »

So you think Gravemind will try and make a deal with Cortana. He will give her life for say the location of Earth?
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

I Would rather the game delve into the mechanics of time and temporal anomalies then to have it even touch on quantum physics

Time Travel = Confusing on a good day

Quantum Physics = Brain suffering from a headshot x.X
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by theShadowfox »

Binary wrote:Would like your input on my theory.
Its pretty simple.
The forerunners created AI which in turn created the flood.

I think it is the doing of a rampant AI.
Motivation of AI.
The AI wanted LIFE it wanted to LIVE.
The AI wanted to expand it network.
wanted more proccessing power than any available computer or network could give it.

I think that this AI was able to create and transfer itself into the gravemind.
(clueless as to how )

This just seems to make sense to me. The gravemind would still represents our sins. And fits the antithesis to life better than the flood I think.
So what do you guys think?
Nice theory, despite the lack of evidence. =]
But if the AI knew how to convert electronic minds to bio-chemical, wouldn't the Forerunners know how to convert bio-chemical to eletronic? If this is true, why didn't some Forerunners survive? Guilty Spark and Penitant Tangent are sentient computers and they survived the blast, so why couldn't some Forerunners?

I think the Forerunner log was correct, the Flood including the Gravemind is extragalatic in nature.