[General Discussion] Gamestop.com

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

[General Discussion] Gamestop.com

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

anyone else see a certain symbol in this web page?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/halo3/halo3.asp

maybe in the BG of this image:

could be nothing, but they said that all ARG elements would feature that symbol, so anyone see anything there?
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Re: noticed somthing

Unread post by Van Helsing »

They probably just picked up on the IRIS marketing scheme, thought it looked good, thought it'd be an extra way to 'connect' with the community so therefore are using the symbol.

Unless, Gamestop are offering special IRIS things via Bungie / Microsoft :p ;)
Which I doubt, but hey, if any thing's as random as these servers opening, who knows what could happen.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

EliteSniper177 wrote:they said that all ARG elements would feature that symbol, so anyone see anything there?
Well, all ARG would elements would feature the symbol - not anything featuring the symbol is an ARG element...
RoflSalad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by RoflSalad »

I would think it would be intentional- don't forget, we had to go to a Gamestop or such to get a clue for Server 2, didn't we?
WFGeppetto
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WFGeppetto »

I have to support this finding for a little while. This is one of the only 2 glyph appearances in official-like places, that has yet to produce a clue. I saw this a week or two ago, and we tore it apart in CI, but never came up with anything. The backgrounds used for the links on that page are from the "emotion" wallpaper. The gamestore cutout which also contained the glyph, was also derived from "emotion". I have been checking back at my local Gamestop, but there still isn't anything in the little box for the cutout, and the employees don't know squat. This cutout appeared before server 2 opened (I think) and we still havn't gotten a clue from it. This cutout was of course actual Microsoft/Bungie material, and containing the glyph, I think we will find something there soon. Perhaps this is similar.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

WFGeppetto wrote:I have to support this finding for a little while. This is one of the only 2 glyph appearances in official-like places, that has yet to produce a clue. I saw this a week or two ago, and we tore it apart in CI, but never came up with anything. The backgrounds used for the links on that page are from the "emotion" wallpaper. The gamestore cutout which also contained the glyph, was also derived from "emotion". I have been checking back at my local Gamestop, but there still isn't anything in the little box for the cutout, and the employees don't know squat. This cutout appeared before server 2 opened (I think) and we still havn't gotten a clue from it. This cutout was of course actual Microsoft/Bungie material, and containing the glyph, I think we will find something there soon. Perhaps this is similar.
btw we finally got official word on what the cutout is supposed to hold... it was just a mock up of a halo 3 case. not even a limited edition or anything >_>. i agree with you about the standee, theres got to be something to it, why else would they put it on there? now the website... i cant say any thoughts just yet, i need more info.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

today i found out a little something interesting, it may or may not have to do with your thread...
we got an funny secretive email today at gamestop telling us that we should be recieving a package from microsoft that is to be used for "something" that we will be receiving another email on soon and not to display or mess with it until then... sounds fishy and exciting i hope it has to do with iris. (its probably for barbie horse adventure haha >< )

ps. has anyone else noticed the halo comic being advertised in the Playstation magazine? it says xbox only too haha.
Heliophage
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Heliophage »

Was it this?

I don't recall... was 8/8 within anyone's predictions for the next ARG element? It could be completely unrelated, but it seems interesting regardless.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

Interesting... they are planning to drop us a new clue to unlock the next server, perhaps? Or maybe its something else..

On a side-note, it coincides with Singapore's National Day, lol..
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Hrm. Elsewhere I've seen it speculated that the signage is about an Xbox 360 price drop. There's a blurry picture of a Wal-Mart circular going around that has a lower price for each 'box.