[General Discussion] Gamestop.com

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Re: noticed somthing

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

The ad doesn't need to be a Halo 3 add to have a Halo 3 clue, I'm sure they can sneak it in somewhere.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

Heliophage wrote:Was it this?

I don't recall... was 8/8 within anyone's predictions for the next ARG element? It could be completely unrelated, but it seems interesting regardless.
hah you stole it! i was gonna take a pic of it then i got swamped >_>
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Heliophage wrote:Was it this?

I don't recall... was 8/8 within anyone's predictions for the next ARG element? It could be completely unrelated, but it seems interesting regardless.
It isn't my prediction for Server 4 opening, but it DOES fit in with the Lunar Phases... on August 8th, the Moon is directly lined up with the second spoke of the Glyph (just as it was on July 10th, when Server 2 opened). Check the calendar!

Guess we'll see what happens on the 8th!
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

I checked the Bungie Compound Intelligence forums, and they haven't really talked about this timing possibility. Nothing against them, but *if* something happens, let's give ARG a 1 or 2 minute head start since we've gone to this extent. ;)
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

well...come "arg events" [episodes] have more than 1 day of prep...

The Iris fankit was release a little bit (pretty short) just before the server 3
The phone conversation started well before the final "detail" led to the server 2 unlock

This could be the Episode 4 starting material, or the ending... who knows...I will be sure to find out!

-REW
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

I would be willing to lay money on starting material... or at least aiding starting material. The FCC messages started up exactly one lunar spoke's length away from the day the second server opened. It just all fits together too well to not be correlated.
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

did anyone here realize that halo uprising #1 comes out on 8/8? could be a link.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=7013 it got pushed back to the 15th...
VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VectorScalar »

The 'alleged' 360 price drops happen on 12 August-I'll bet the 8/8 GS signage is about that. Cheapassgamer has a thread about the price drop-it is virtually confirmed (3+ store advertisements).
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

I really should start tallying how many times I say this...Don't listen to Marvel site. Please call your local shop to find out the true date, as Marvel's site quite often reflects the wrong dates. I'm calling mine shortly to confirm.