[General Discussion] Gamestop.com

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Re: noticed somthing

Unread post by Frogwart »

I was at The Vault of Midnight here in Michigan yesterday. They confirmed Halo: Uprising #1 has been delayed another week, to August 15th. :(
Panzer
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Panzer »

Bummer
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

You said it.

While I have confidence Bungie will provide a little in-game (or in game manual) info to help bridge the gap between the end of Halo 2 and beginning of Halo 3, the comic series is supposed to be a full arc between the two. Knowing that going into it, someone should have put an electric cattle prod on Marvel, Bendis, and Maleev to get the series done and released before September 25th, or scrapped the idea altogether. It's obvious that Marvel couldn't deliver the series on time, probably because Bendis has an extremely full plate, being one of the hottest comic writers working right now.

At the rate they've been delaying the first issue, we'll all have played the game through by the time #1 comes out. Anyone want to place a friendly wager on when it'll really come out?

Sorry if this seems harsh. I loves me some Halo, and hate delays. :x
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

I just find it curious that the comic is exactly a week away from the GameStop August 8th date.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Yeah... The fact that we wont know exactly what happened between Halo 2 and 3 until after we finish Halo 3 sucks :cry: Well, I'm guessing it won't hurt that much, I know I didn't read the third Halo book until after I finished Halo 2, and it didn't really change my view of the game itself. Plus, we know Bungie won't openly require us to read the comic to understand the story, the same way we don't really have to read the books... They need the game to appeal to every Halo fan, and openly referencing a book or comic alienates a vast number of people since the majority of Halo fans wont actually read them. By no means am I saying that they wont give a nod to the books or comics here and there, though. ;)
Panzer
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Panzer »

I do find it odd that it comes out a week after the eigth. I'm heading over to gamestop on Wed. to get this straight. I am disapointed about that delay. Hopefully the story and info it contains will make up for it.
PapaStu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by PapaStu »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:I just find it curious that the comic is exactly a week away from the GameStop August 8th date.
And thats because new books get released on Wednesdays. Thats nothing special on that front, just how comics roll. Same kind thing as new music/movies coming out on Tuesdays.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

PapaStu wrote:
Omega Hunter 9 wrote:I just find it curious that the comic is exactly a week away from the GameStop August 8th date.
And thats because new books get released on Wednesdays. Thats nothing special on that front, just how comics roll. Same kind thing as new music/movies coming out on Tuesdays.
Too bad video games don't follow a similar pattern :lol: ......... Oh, wait, maybe that's a bad idea... Can you picture something like Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy coming out on the same day? Talk about chaos :D But yeah, my opinion still stands that the comics won't be necessary to play Halo 3... Although they will be necessary, as the books and graphic novel are now, in the weeks after we all beat Halo 3 and really absorb the story and get back to the HBO forums to discuss everything.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

Lurono wrote:Too bad video games don't follow a similar pattern :lol: ......... Oh, wait, maybe that's a bad idea... Can you picture something like Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy coming out on the same day?
actually games typically release on tues and wed, as far as i can see and i work at gamestop. we're in a backwater town so we always add a day to any release date cuz it takes that long for shipping... but yeah, tues/wed is the general days for us. and bungie is releasing halo 1 month earlier than the biggest releases awaiting arrival this year (mario galaxies/super smash and gta4.) they wanted to Kick Off the season i guess, not just be apart of it.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

It's pretty much always Tuesday. For reference, all Halo games were (will be) released on a Tuesday.