Do you think this will offer rewards for all or for just unl

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

NightmareRec0n
Data [Conditional]

Do you think this will offer rewards for all or for just unl

Unread post by NightmareRec0n »

People have unlocked the servers have gotten rewards.
But will participants also get an award like they did on Ilovebees and Ourcolony.
Many of use have been helping....But like me I was unable to find my mic in time for server 3.

BTW, Did Server 2 people ever get prizes?
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Do you think this will offer rewards for all or for just unl

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Yes, the Server Two prizes are on the way, the first one reported was by AshofPompei, there's a thread on it somewhere around here.

EDIT: Here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=906&start=18

Anyway, I'd like a cd/dvd of bonus stuff!
NightmareRec0n
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightmareRec0n »

I am surprised nothing is on Ebay.....I'd be willing to pay like $50 for the shirt.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Yeah, I'd pay a fair bit. It sucks that I'm never here when interesting things happen, only when we're discussing what may or may not be important.

I've missed all three of the server openings so far. Hopefully all those who take part will get something, but that could be a bit hectic. To be honest, it's probably fairer if only those who contribute get something, but so far, I've contributed nothing, so things arent looking up for me in that respect :cry:

One thing that does bug me is that you had to have a mic to get to the sewrver 3 unlocking page, and I don't have one, so I couldn't have done it even if I HAD been here on time.

/Bitter ;)
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

swag= bad idea
its caused everyone to be mroe soncerned for themselves, just to get a free shirt! (ok, i'll admit it, i want the darn shirt too) but well, yea, it's been said before
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Lich, if you had been in IRC, once one person figured out the mic thing, we posted the link to get keys. The mic thing only led us to the right page. That, and I gave away my key seeing as I already got one for server 02. ;)

A.W., its not just a t-shirt. Server 02 swag includes a shirt, an XBLM code, and a signed copy of Ghosts of Onyx. WIN.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

re: the mic thing...

it's too late, obviously, but just a random fact for the day: any speaker or even headphones can be used as a microphone; a weak one, but they do work two ways. Try it - plug in your headphones to the microphone jack, and speak loudly into it (or record and boost the volume if necessary).
Speakers are actually two way.
Some people will probably wish they'd have known that before the server opened... but alas, we didn't know a mic would be needed until it opened anyway. bah
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Well my laptop counts as a mic if I bang loudly on it.... not joking. If I go to the device and ban on my laptop a few times it animates. But when I tried a mic it came back echoy and crap and wouldn't accept it. Now do keep in mind that this was after the fact that I did it and I was just messin around.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

DHalo wrote:Lich, if you had been in IRC, once one person figured out the mic thing, we posted the link to get keys. The mic thing only led us to the right page. That, and I gave away my key seeing as I already got one for server 02. ;)

A.W., its not just a t-shirt. Server 02 swag includes a shirt, an XBLM code, and a signed copy of Ghosts of Onyx. WIN.
dont even have an xbox, and already have GoO
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Is it signed by the author?