Server 03 Audio in text.

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Server 03 Audio in text.

Unread post by Zero »

So far I have.

The Lilith (or left) hand holds darkness, and the right hand holds light.
Thats how the universe creates and how we were created? (Spared or speared?)
A Soldie who one will destory his brother.

Add on the next three lines.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server 03 Audio in text.

Unread post by thebruce »

As transcribed on the wiki...
The left hand holds darkness, the right hand holds light.
That is how the universe creates, and that is how we proceeded.
A soldier who would one day destroy his brother.
We were the thunder and the lightning, and when we were finished, the universe was alone, drifting in labor.
Did we succeed? Did we fail? we did both. Depending on who you serve.
After all, here we are, witness to the aftermath
Hyncharas
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Hyncharas »

"A soldier who would one day destroy his brother" almost sounds as if the Forerunner were fighting another faction of themselves!

I mean, it could be the Master Chief being described there, though it could be another clue.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

The whole universe was alone after the Halos fired? That's a slightly bigger range than we were led to believe!

Ignoring that as hyperbole, it's interesting that [big huge area] was "alone" after the Halos fired, and yet the Forerunner are still around to see what they'd done. They're watching from outside the galaxy/universe/tri-county area. And they did not, 343 notwithstanding, all die.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

the speakers could be constructs.
Ragashingo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ragashingo »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:The whole universe was alone after the Halos fired? That's a slightly bigger range than we were led to believe!

Ignoring that as hyperbole, it's interesting that [big huge area] was "alone" after the Halos fired, and yet the Forerunner are still around to see what they'd done. They're watching from outside the galaxy/universe/tri-county area. And they did not, 343 notwithstanding, all die.
Well there is Onyx which might have protected some of them... And the Forerunner structure on Earth looks a lot like the portal that lead to the dyson sphere in Onyx so there could be Forerunner hiding there as well...
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Well this is weird I was listening too the backwards message and later on the audio said "Jennifer" really weird.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Zero wrote:Well this is weird I was listening too the backwards message and later on the audio said "Jennifer" really weird.
Actually, not wierd at all. Reversing the audio is usually irrelevant unless it's obvious. Two reasons: first is that it's EXTREMELY difficult to think of two coherent messages that are reverses of each other.

The second is my favorite, because I get to talk about science. Your brain HATES not making sense of things. Why? Because of how we evolved. In order for our species to survive, we had to learn how to recognize patterns. Part of recognizing patters is recognizing familiar sounds. Say we're back in the cradle of life. It's pertinent to our survival that we recognize an elephant bellowing, else we could be trampled. So, sounds that we hear often get kind of hard wired into our heads, a little like muscle memory. That's also part of language. That's why when you're learning a new language, even if you know the words, it's super hard to follow a native speaker, because you're so not used to hearing those particular sounds in that particular order. Now, what you claimed to hear as "Jennifer," is just another example of this. Jennifer is a common name, so anytime it's said, your brain is ready to process it immediately. Even if I completely distorted a sentence, like "Hay-lo, Jeen-i-four" you'd still probably be able to understand it as "Hello, Jennifer." The reason that this backwards audio doesn't mean anything is the EXACT SAME (lolredundant) reason why Stairway to Heaven doesn't contain a hidden message.

Speaking of which, good ol' Michael Shermer did a TED Talks on this last year. Check it out if you have any more questions :)
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/22
RvB_Private_Caboose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RvB_Private_Caboose »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:Ignoring that as hyperbole, it's interesting that [big huge area] was "alone" after the Halos fired, and yet the Forerunner are still around to see what they'd done.
I have a weird theory that might explain how they are around to see what they did.
If I remember correctly, the Halos only kill the flood's food, not the flood. Thus, if a forerunner had been infected by the flood, they would survive, and perhaps there is a chance it would be like Jenkins, who still remained partially himself, despite being infected by the flood. Couldn't a forerunner in that state leave a message and observe what has been done?
That's just my rambling thoughts. The second server audio makes me curious, though, if the speaker may be flood.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

RvB_Private_Caboose wrote:I have a weird theory that might explain how they are around to see what they did.
If I remember correctly, the Halos only kill the flood's food, not the flood. Thus, if a forerunner had been infected by the flood, they would survive, and perhaps there is a chance it would be like Jenkins, who still remained partially himself, despite being infected by the flood. Couldn't a forerunner in that state leave a message and observe what has been done?

Nobody is really SURE how the halo's actually work on biomatter sufficient to sustain the flood, but there's a few older threads (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=483&hilit= and viewtopic.php?f=13&t=503) in Speculation that discuss it. Some of the speculation surrounds actually destroying the subject through calcification or w/e (explain why there are no remains on Halo etc). If this is the case then Jenkins, or any other partial flood survivor hypothetically wouldn't make it through the firing. If it destroys the physical essence of what the flood is feeding on, then only the flood would remain after the firing, still leaving it to starve. IF an infected being could survive the halo due to flood infestation, then all other food would be gone. Something tells me the flood wouldn't leave this creature alive long with no other food source.