Server 3 Content General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Xaos Maladay
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 3 Content General Discussion

Unread post by Xaos Maladay »

The arbiter position could have evolved from the Contender. But we have little to no evidence that the Contender currently exists. We just know it was possibly a forrunner plan for fighting the flood, an alternative to the Halos. The more pressing question is not who is the contender, but how can he effectively fight the Flood? The Halo plot, among other key points, centers on the ability of the Halo's to starve the flood by killing every sentient life form in the galaxy. We have not known of an alternative till Server 3 opened... which is quite significant.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Xaos Maladay wrote:The arbiter position could have evolved from the Contender. But we have little to no evidence that the Contender currently exists. We just know it was possibly a forrunner plan for fighting the flood, an alternative to the Halos. The more pressing question is not who is the contender, but how can he effectively fight the Flood? The Halo plot, among other key points, centers on the ability of the Halo's to starve the flood by killing every sentient life form in the galaxy. We have not known of an alternative till Server 3 opened... which is quite significant.
Well, Servor 1 referenced to a thousand plans tried and failed. However, you're right in the sense that this is the first time those others are being detailed.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

The contender is the human and covenant race.

The letter was too them to do something to rid the flood.

The equations were directions to the ark and what is set.
connor0281
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by connor0281 »

Xaos Maladay wrote:The arbiter position could have evolved from the Contender. But we have little to no evidence that the Contender currently exists. We just know it was possibly a forrunner plan for fighting the flood, an alternative to the Halos. The more pressing question is not who is the contender, but how can he effectively fight the Flood? The Halo plot, among other key points, centers on the ability of the Halo's to starve the flood by killing every sentient life form in the galaxy. We have not known of an alternative till Server 3 opened... which is quite significant.
This line reminds of one of the posts of the new AdjutantReflex, specifically:
The entity you communicated with previously has been terminated and in accordance with protocol. Its matrix is accommodating my requirements.
My identity is not your concern.
My intent is your concern.
This is the 4th private message that was sent to x Foman123 x. The new entity that took over AdjutantReflex could be the "contender". AdjutantReflex is thought to be some kind of Forerunner construct, so it makes sense for AR to be frightened of whatever the new entity is, because the new entity would be a competitor to the Forerunners.
Im not really sure, im just putting ideas out there.
Thoughts?
WillBurke
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by WillBurke »

apologies for interrupting but ive just resumed this from last night - is it just me or has the picture for the 'The Device' in the concept art changed? maybe i didnt notice thats what it always looked like...
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Just a quick mod note: If anyone wants to keep the "Contender" discussion going, please begin a new thread for those interested to post in.

Sorry I contributed to the off-topic contender bits :roll: , but we should focus this back on what the majority of the thread has been about.

Thanks, everyone. :)

_F_
cyberpunx182
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by cyberpunx182 »

ok heres my new theory on this formula thing.

we aren't actually meant to work out the formula we are simply supposed to find links about it and heres one i found.

steven hawkings mentioned it in his book "the universe in a nutshell"

he also made a doomsday prediction.
"Hawking raised the threat of biological engineering in saying humans must colonize space or face an end as a species. The comments came in an interview with the British Daily Telegraph newspaper, published Oct. 16."

he has also be dubbed "THE PROPHET OF DOOMSDAY"

so whats everyone think??
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

cyberpunx182 wrote:ok heres my new theory on this formula thing.

we aren't actually meant to work out the formula we are simply supposed to find links about it and heres one i found.

steven hawkings mentioned it in his book "the universe in a nutshell"

he also made a doomsday prediction.
"Hawking raised the threat of biological engineering in saying humans must colonize space or face an end as a species. The comments came in an interview with the British Daily Telegraph newspaper, published Oct. 16."

he has also be dubbed "THE PROPHET OF DOOMSDAY"

so whats everyone think??
Interesting, kinda like humans colonising other worlds in Halo..

So.. what would be special about this? hmm...
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Let's look at important dates in Hawking's life. Is there anything near the August 12,13,14 window we *hope* for Servor 4?
diamondseptre
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by diamondseptre »

that makes me think, since this arg is supposed to be based now maybe its a hint at the start of the unsc or something.