Server 3 Content General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Server 3 Content General Discussion

Unread post by DHalo »

UNSC began in the 2100's, no?
cyberpunx182
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by cyberpunx182 »

diamondseptre wrote:that makes me think, since this arg is supposed to be based now maybe its a hint at the start of the unsc or something.

theres actually already a unsc its the united nation security council.
beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beelzebub »

Frogwart wrote:Just a quick mod note: If anyone wants to keep the "Contender" discussion going, please begin a new thread for those interested to post in.

Sorry I contributed to the off-topic contender bits :roll: , but we should focus this back on what the majority of the thread has been about.

Thanks, everyone. :)

_F_
Err, you mods were the ones that merged all these threads into "Server 3 Content General Discussion". Mayhap that was a bad idea if you wanted this thread to have a specific subject. Personally I think we're much better off discussing an actual bit of story-relevant text given to us (viz., "the Contender" line) than we are going off on random jags about Stephen Hawking and other equally outlandish and almost certainly unrelated nonsense based on a tidbit of an equation. Off-topic indeed.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

what if all we had to do, is find who wrote the equation, and use it as a password, so if prompted some passwords that i think we should use are:

Schrödinger
Erwin
The Schrödinger Equation
or anything relating to the Equation like meanings of symbols

just a thought, but it may help
Heliophage
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Heliophage »

EliteSniper177 wrote:what if all we had to do, is find who wrote the equation, and use it as a password, so if prompted some passwords that i think we should use are:

Schrödinger
Erwin
The Schrödinger Equation
or anything relating to the Equation like meanings of symbols

just a thought, but it may help
Also, keep in mind that it doesn't have to be directly related to the equation.

Things like Schrödinger's Cat (and things that stem from that, like Shroedinbugs), might also come up.
Falcon
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Falcon »

Hi all I've posted here a few times but I've been so busy I haven’t had time to be very active in the ARG but I keep up to speed by reading though the forums every couple of days. I think we're moving in the wrong direction with the focus on Schrödinger's Equation and Hawking. Here's why, in this ARG we exist in the HALO universe during the year 2007 545 years before the events of the Halo games. In the HALO universe Schrödinger's Equation may not even be relevant, like the geocentric universe the work of such great physicist such as Schrödinger and Heidelberg go the way of the dodo Bird. Now why would this work be irrelevant by 2552? Well the reality of slipspace changes the entire dynamic of quantum mechanics. The apparent erratic behavior or electrons which both Schrödinger and Heidelberg along with many other physicists have attempted to explain is explained by the existence of slipspace. In the HALO universe elections orbiting a nucleus duck in and out of slipspace while these translations are nearly infinitesimally short they were not able to be detected and thus explained until physicist had knowledge of slipspace which occurs after 2007. So therefore the forunner who undoubtedly have far superior knowledge of slipspace would have had absolutely no use for Schrödinger's equation. My guess is that it symbolic of the transfer of knowledge and intelligence from forunner to humans (Who ever made the image probably picked a high level equation to base their drawing off). Then again this is just my two cents my knowledge of quantum physics is limited to what I know from my AP Chem. class, although I want to take classes in college since I find the topic fascinating (although I plan to major in Aerospace engineering so I hope I can).
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

I was googling snpow and found a photography forum discussing a "snpow" codec. Has anyone ever heard of such a codec, or how codecs apply to images?

http://www.photography-forums.com/t4819 ... uture.html

EDIT: Oh, typo. Supposed to be a "snow" video codec. Dead end pretty quick.
McLovin
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by McLovin »

With reference to the equation, might it have something to do with quantum computing? If this ARG takes place now, then it might refer to the fact that quantum computing made its debut to the "public" earlier this year. It could have something to do with AI and maybe rampancy, just my thought.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Wasn't the equation we found only a fragment of one you were able to look up and complete? What if we just stuck to using the fragment given. What variables are included? (The names might have meaning)
poundinpolark51
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by poundinpolark51 »

So this Hawking book "Universe in a nutshell" is a clue we think right? Well snpow801(name of the file with equation) rotated is modus108 which we also know. So modus is basically the word "Mode" in latin. If someone has access to this book they should look on page 108 for the word mode or modus and see if that leads to any key paragraphs, sentences, pics, etc.... or just check the whole of page 108.

Just a theory. But modus108 seems it should be connected to this equation somehow and i dont think we need to solve it but just find connections to it.