[General Discussion]Iris Media on Halo3.com

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

live faust:die jung
Data [Conditional]

Re: [General Discussion]Iris Media on Halo3.com

Unread post by live faust:die jung »

sorry, wrong thread. (multiple tabs... :oops: )
when you bring up the samsung ringtones page (http://uk.samsungmobile.com/promotion/h ... gtones.jsp), it says:
Please enter your mobile number below
(e.g: 07777123234)
i thought this may be our clue, and the reason the glyph is on that page, and that page only (out of this downloads thing...)

ps. feel free to move this to the proper thread. thought i was in "Does anyone have a samsung to download this file? Glyphs"
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Does anyone remember exactly what Server 2 said when it was available to be opened, but we hadn't yet solved all the puzzles and gotten to the site to unlock it? Wasn't it something like "Awaiting authorization..." or something like that?
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

ah i leave for a day and THIS is what happens :P :( you know i tried to get this straight off the bungie site and it told me i was... well obsolete kinda... it told me i hadnt logged on in so long that i was no longer in status.... funny thing was i logged on two days ago... and two days ago this wasnt there >_< im angry rawr!

(i will still try to use the zip file on my myspace (thanks momento).... yes i have a myspace... but i only have 4 friends!)

EDIT: woo hoo it works.... BTW does any one notice myspace doesnt let you post any bulletins? hm. anyway ive changed myself from private to public (on myspace and msn spaces) with the message iris... wonder what this does though.
EDIT 2: and it froze msnspaces (and my whole pc) but its probably just me :(
Xastabus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Xastabus »

Does anyone know how to get the monitor working on Windows Live Spaces? I tried sticking the code in an HTML module, but it doesn't seem to work. Help?

Edit:
DHalo wrote:I suppose that why the flash has a "Connection Error" text in it.

PS: Do you have Flash (the official one)? If so, I need your help with a small matter.
If the exe or the website module displays "Connection Error" there are a couple of possible reasons;
You're not on the Internet (obvious, I know, and you probably wouldn't be hear if this was the problem but I have to throw it out there)

You are unable to contact MSN.com, Microsoft.com, or any other potential source this tool requires access to. I haven't done an analysis of the traffic to find out where the monitor tool gets its info, but a good bet is MSN.com. We block it at my work, I am currently bypassing the firewall filters to get it to work.

Or, lastly, the source really is unavailable for some reason.
Last edited by Xastabus on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustAHunch
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by JustAHunch »

ii otnemem ii wrote:Does anyone remember exactly what Server 2 said when it was available to be opened, but we hadn't yet solved all the puzzles and gotten to the site to unlock it? Wasn't it something like "Awaiting authorization..." or something like that?
The status was "Activated Keys".
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

In case anyone likes to use iGoogle Custom Home Page (and hates MySpace/Facebook, like meself), here is a link to add a gadget of it to your custom home page.

Click Here -- Add to Homepage

Made by a buddy at work, not me, although the idea was mine. So, we're both geniuses in our own right.
VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VectorScalar »

Got mine working, it says server 1 and 2 are online, 3, 4, and 5 locked. Based on watching my Zone Alarm net traffic monitor, it seems to be refreshing status with every strobe, or at least transmitting and receiving.
PhoenixA1
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by PhoenixA1 »

So we know for a fact that the server status monitor refreshes itself? The strobes could just be a looped animation. And it would suck if you relied on it and thought nothing was happening while the keys where being entered. ;)
VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by VectorScalar »

PhoenixA1 wrote:So we know for a fact that the server status monitor refreshes itself? The strobes could just be a looped animation. And it would suck if you relied on it and thought nothing was happening while the keys where being entered. ;)
I use ZoneAlarm as my firewall, and the strobes correspond with internet access. I experimented with all browsers down starting and stopping the monitor and it is doing something. Not conclusive, but it is at least generating traffic in time to the strobing effect.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

PhoenixA1 wrote:So we know for a fact that the server status monitor refreshes itself? The strobes could just be a looped animation. And it would suck if you relied on it and thought nothing was happening while the keys where being entered. ;)
im a little late but i dont think it refreshes itself cuz i had it running all night and all of the day server 3 opened up and even after i found out it was all over and open and done with (and almost cried /whine) the monitor still said server 3 locked. i exited and restarted it and THEN it said server 3 unlocked >_>/ so take that as you will.

ps. about the monitor.exe: move this or delete this as you will, but the accents in the corners look alot like the accents on master chiefs gun on the halo standee...