Forerunner email

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

tstone
Data [Undefined]

Forerunner email

Unread post by tstone »

How did everyone get the email with the forerunner message? Is there something you have to subscribe to? Thanks!
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Re: Forerunner email

Unread post by Banshee 105 »

So far, no-one really has seen a trend. I really think it was just the luck of the draw.
tstone
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by tstone »

So everyone didn't get an email then?
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Some did, some didn't. I didn't get one.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Nor me. Shame really. Hopefully there will be another way to become a true part of the ARG. It seems to me like I'm just a guy occaasionally making vaguely coherent posts on the forums, rather than someone who's actually helping, especially since I didn't get the e-mail.

But I digress, that's just the moron part of me talking. I know we can't all take centre-stage. I'm quite happy taking a supporting role, it means if I cock up people don't notice it so much ;)
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Man, supporting roles are the best! Take Star Wars for example, where would Luke be if it wasn't for Wedge? Dead. That's where he'd be.
Lichtonatus

I guess. I was thinking Balthier's much cooler supporting role to whatsisface (the main character's) main role.

Anyway, we've gone OT now XD

so yeah, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to who got the e-mails and who didn't. I would personally quite like a copy tho (that's the klepto part of me talking now), so if anyone was sent it, can they forward a copy to mattjseymour@hotmail.co.uk
Injunfett
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Injunfett »

You got the email, if you have Xbox Marketing emails accepted, I dont I didnt get a email. If you read the email at the bottom it says, if you wish to not get anymore marketing emails do blah blah blah.
Lichtonatus

I have that activated though

And I get e-mails from both Halo Insider and Xbox.com And iIm a member of Bnet, in case that was a requirement.

I've met every single one of the suggested requirements (The above, being a beta player, having posted on an AR thread) and I still didn't get the e-mail, which brings me to the conclusion that it was something else that decided, or it was purely random