File name of current AR avatar

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Re: File name of current AR avatar

Unread post by supremely »

ii otnemem ii wrote:I really don't buy this "MacBeth" thing from MB05032... when people refer to Shakespeare, they always refer to it with the Act, Scene and Line, NEVER just with scene and line... it's silly to do otherwise. It's like saying "The Bible, Chapter 5, Verse 32"... well, which book? We're missing a key reference there... Sure AR referred to MacBeth before, but he also referred to the coordinates of Voi, then told us that it had nothing to do with him.
no one mentions Any play, much less shakespeare w/o the act/scene/line, i majored in english.

P.S. dont be hate'n on my grammar and punctuation... i was corrupted!
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

I never bought it either. Just wasn't convincing enough that it came from macbeth. Im sure you guys are aware of the marburg virus connection to AR's current avatar right? Well it seems like this MB05032 has something to do with affecting hinderences and otherwise negative effects on the body. I came across that link too, it's unfortunately the only helpful one, and very vague as to what MB05032 actually DOES to the body. I'll be looking into it a little more...
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

Andorhal wrote:Well, its saying that AR refrenced to Macbeth before in his posts.
I think I'll listen to the english major. That "reference" (MB05032) is inaccurate.
beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beelzebub »

M4730 wrote:I think I'll listen to the english major. That "reference" (MB05032) is inaccurate.
The reference is about as clear as it could get. In previous days, AR made obvious references to Macbeth:
"The stain on his hands will not wash.
That damned spot as old as rock and time."
and also:
"By the pricking of my thumbs" (from Act IV).
So, Macbeth is in the air. The famous line, "out, out, damned spot" is from Act V, Line 31 (depending on how you count). This is not exact, but it's pretty close, and given the previous references it is a far more likely connection than anything else.

The usual manner of reference is Act/Scene, not Act/Scene/Line. In this case, Scene is omitted, but that's not as precise as counting lines and the Act/Line numbering is maybe more appropriate for exact references.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

So Halo 3 might end with the Chief being crowned King of Denmark?

j/k :P
Major Silva
Site Admin

Unread post by Major Silva »

M4730 wrote:Well it seems like this MB05032 has something to do with affecting hinderences and otherwise negative effects on the body. I came across that link too, it's unfortunately the only helpful one, and very vague as to what MB05032 actually DOES to the body. I'll be looking into it a little more...
So, like Flood Infection?

~MS
WFGeppetto
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WFGeppetto »

M4730 wrote:I never bought it either. Just wasn't convincing enough that it came from macbeth. Im sure you guys are aware of the marburg virus connection to AR's current avatar right? Well it seems like this MB05032 has something to do with affecting hinderences and otherwise negative effects on the body. I came across that link too, it's unfortunately the only helpful one, and very vague as to what MB05032 actually DOES to the body. I'll be looking into it a little more...
do you have the link?
WFGeppetto
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WFGeppetto »

beelzebub wrote:
M4730 wrote:I think I'll listen to the english major. That "reference" (MB05032) is inaccurate.
The reference is about as clear as it could get. In previous days, AR made obvious references to Macbeth:
"The stain on his hands will not wash.
That damned spot as old as rock and time."
and also:
"By the pricking of my thumbs" (from Act IV).
So, Macbeth is in the air. The famous line, "out, out, damned spot" is from Act V, Line 31 (depending on how you count). This is not exact, but it's pretty close, and given the previous references it is a far more likely connection than anything else.

The usual manner of reference is Act/Scene, not Act/Scene/Line. In this case, Scene is omitted, but that's not as precise as counting lines and the Act/Line numbering is maybe more appropriate for exact references.
Posted by: AdjutantReflex at 06.17.2007 11:46 AM PDT
My security measures are being tested. I can feel it.

By the pricking of my thumbs.

-there ya go. made your point for you.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

@WFGeppetto (BTW, welcome!): http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/102/22/7970

So, AR quotes MacBeth twice:
Once, to get us to read the next line of "By the pricking of my thumbs" which is "Something wicked this way comes."
Next, was "that damned spot", referring to the blood on the hands of Lady MacBeth, who has helped murder King Duncan and Banquo.

The "old as rock and time" part is referring to the GUILT of the being, not to the being itself; to the blood, not the person whose hands it is on.

That still doesn't explain the poor reference to MacBeth -- if the filename were MBV.i.32, I would say, "That's gotta be MacBeth.". It's close, but not enough for me to invest stock in. Also, it says "spot", that's it. Whoop-dee. It basically gets us nowhere, even if it were a correct reference (hence, a big part of why I don't believe the reference is correct -- it's throw-away). We knew AR was being taken over, we knew that it was "something wicked". We just don't know who/what it is, nor do we know its intentions, which the New AR said was our only concern. It seems to me more likely that MB05032 would have more to tie in with that (and Halo 3's release date), than with "spot".
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

Major Silva wrote:
M4730 wrote:Well it seems like this MB05032 has something to do with affecting hinderences and otherwise negative effects on the body. I came across that link too, it's unfortunately the only helpful one, and very vague as to what MB05032 actually DOES to the body. I'll be looking into it a little more...
So, like Flood Infection?

~MS
Something along those lines yes, hopefully :P