Did we ever get an update to the archiving?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

iggy73
Data [Conditional]

Did we ever get an update to the archiving?

Unread post by iggy73 »

Here's what I am referring to, the first post in this thread:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx ... eater1-p=1

.... it's been more than 38 hours since this posting...
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Re: Did we ever get an update to the archiving?

Unread post by Banshee 105 »

Sigh. The archiving is universally thought to be the E-mailing of the poem. The "seeding" if you will.
iggy73
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iggy73 »

Banshee 105 wrote:Sigh. The archiving is universally thought to be the E-mailing of the poem. The "seeding" if you will.
I have a problem with that notion... just because someone jumped on a bad assumption and more people follwoed doesn't make it right. Queue the flat earth society here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/

Anyways, archiving is a method for collecting (typically data) and is not associated with the dissemination of the material, hence the disconnect for me.

What I was expecting would be the sharing of information gleemed from mining the data that was archived.

To be fair though, I suppose the archiving of e-mail aliases for the purpose of seed dispersal could have been it as well?

:?
Banshee 105
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Banshee 105 »

So did I, but don't you think AR would've done it by now? The E-mails were sent and noticed about the same time the 38 hours were up. Maybe he's just archiving our reactions to these E-mails, observing our thought processes.
iggy73
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iggy73 »

Good point... too bad we don't have more hard info yet....

:D