biblical reference

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

coloneloneill
Data [Conditional]

biblical reference

Unread post by coloneloneill »

did anyone ever consider that 719 and 716 and 713 were biblical passages from gensis heres how they read...

713: In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark

716: And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God commanded him: and Jehovah shut him in.

719: And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high mountains that were under the whole heaven were covered.

I find it intresting that puttin these numbers in order seem to spell out a story, like it flows well...idk what exactly it could mean
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Re: biblical reference

Unread post by Ibeechu »

You find it interesting that taking excerpts from a story and putting them in order forms a story :P

It could have something to do with the Bible, and it wouldn't be the first time Halo referenced it. However, I'd advise to not dig too deeply into it for now, unless you're terribly bored. Take this with a whole truck-full fo salt.
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

anything in particular that points you to genesis, besides that it sorta kinda matches up with the story?
Lake
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Lake »

It has to do with Ghost.713.

Maybe not though, but that's where most people got it from.
Kiloh Ekim
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kiloh Ekim »

scapermoya wrote:anything in particular that points you to genesis, besides that it sorta kinda matches up with the story?
Well Genesis means: the Beginning (IE: This is How it All begins) and the Flood story is located there.
safelocked
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by safelocked »

I think it's just interesting just because it happens to pertain to the ark, but yeah, it probably doesn't really mean too much.
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

that is what we are discussing in the ghost.713 forum.
that it may be a biblical reference.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=835
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

ah, i see. i thought that maybe there was something that was pointing to genesis beside the flood story, but i guess not.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

That makes sense, as the ARG is supposed to reveal much of the backstory it's logical to think Genesis is the place to look.

Since Halo 3 deals with the end, has anyone busted out Revelation to see what if any correlations can be found there? :?
sarge2552
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sarge2552 »

just a lot of stuff about 7 in Revelation, 7 angels with 7 scrolls, who let out 7 plagues, and 7 headed dragons, and beasts
yea, pretty much reading revelation gets bungie members all excited