biblical reference

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Re: biblical reference

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

What if Bungie was founded by John after he wrote Revelations?

(another halo reference in the bible! John the Apostle and John 117!)
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

a video game company founded before the fall of the roman empire? sweet.
Mid7night
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mid7night »

I looked up the passages in Revelation. There isn't a Rev. 7:19, and the others are much to note, but here they are:

Rev. 7:13: Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?"

Rev. 7:16: "They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat;

There is no Revelation 7:19

But, if you reverse the numbers, you get some interesting passages:

Rev. 3:17 - "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing' - and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked -"
(red letter, spoken by Jesus)

Rev. 6:17 - "For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"

Rev. 9:17 - And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone.

The reversing of the numbers to find passages may not lead to much, just 'cause it seems a little out of the way. But the last two verses certainly caught my attention, mostly Rev. 6:17. It definitely sums up the Master Chief in my mind, especially by this point in his life: Unstoppable, and ready to unleash everything he has against the (broken) Covenant. Anyway, there they are, feel free to disect or not.

~ Mid7night
Coweh
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Coweh »

I somehow doubt we're going to find ARG clues in the bible... Bungie has, in the past, discouraged religious references. Then again, I could be wrong :)
coloneloneill
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by coloneloneill »

idk, those passage along with the ones i found kinda line up well, i mena were digging here, but they havent given us much to work with ya know?
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Thanks for digging in and finding those, Mid7night!

It may not amount to anything, but it gives us all something else to ponder as we look for more clues...and who knows? Maybe some of the forthcoming information may intersect with what we're looking at here. :)
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

I did my own little Bullshit! style experiment just now to prove a point. Revelations is all about cryptic language and the final days. Because of these vague descriptions of our final days, and the fact that Halo deals with the possible extinction of humanity, it's easy to draw similarities from pretty much any passage. So, for this experiment, I opened up my copy of the Bible to a random page in Revelations, I then closed my eyes and put my finger on the page. I opened my eyes and read of the verse nearest my finger.
God wrote:Then he said to me, "The waters that you saw where the harlot lives represent large numbers of peoples, nations, and tongues."
-Revelations 17:15
Hmm... waters, eh? Like the stuff that is in a flood? A flood representing people? Kinda like how the Flood in Halo take the forms of Covies and Humans? Hmmmm. Apparently, the number 1715 has significance in Halo. Let's try this again.
God wrote:For they have shed the blood of the holy ones and the prophets and you have given them blood to drink; for it is what they deserve.
Revelations 15:6
Hmm, spilling the bloods of prophets? Kinda like how the Brutes killed the High Council?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

EXCELLENT! :D
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

wonderful BS!

lemme try...
Revelation 17:13
These are united in yielding their power and authority to the beast
this must refer to all the people the flood control, and how gravemind controls them...

I must agree, almost all "end of times/apocalypse" stories are incredibly similar.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

lol i see your point in that this is just BS but heres a theory thats kind of biblically (sp?) related.

What if it really is the end of the earth, and that the flood take over blah, blah, blah, but the master chief or someone of power herds the last remaining humans or covvie allies onto the ark, and they all go to onyx or another shield world? just a thought but whatever. sorry if its hard to understand, still tired.