GHOST.713 Discussion *IMGS*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Re: GHOST.713 Discussion *IMGS*

Unread post by Dundradal »

writer87 wrote:also, i remember reading the AI copies would die soon after, and furthermore the AI's like Cortana only have a seven year lifespan before they are likely to succumb to rampancy. Thus, they have to be deactivated before the seven year mark.
I don't think they "die" but instead fail because they are full of errors as a result of the Covie copying program. Cortana remarks that the copy she gives to the Spartans will not be as good as the real her, and as a result the copied Cortana thinks she needs more help so she starts to copy herself over and over then those copies copy themselves, hence the "flood" of Cortana transmissions on Unyielding. She had to make a copy of herself just to speak to the Chief.

Cortana is a a Smart AI that has a 7 year life span because after that period they begin to "think themselves to death."
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

Cortana is a a Smart AI that has a 7 year life span because after that period they begin to "think themselves to death."
thats what i meant hehe
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Kinda straying off-topic. Although Cortana may be related to this, lets not discuss her and previous instances, lets discuss connections to the text please.
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZenSaohu »

Here are a few bits I looked into.
108 degrees is the interior angle of a pentagon.
A pentagon and the glyph both have five points.

Dunno if it means anything.
dan_rules
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dan_rules »

i bet that the whole "ghost" line is something that's just going to come up in the actual game itself... i can't really see microsoft putting an ARG clue all over their millions of dollars worth of products in Zunes and X-box's, but rather something that's going to come up in the actual game, where not just the more intense fans (presumably the ARG players) but rather, EVERY fan, will know what the heck the jibberish code is doing all over their fancy, expensive toys.. then again, I could be totally wrong and it could be the very clue that unlocks the super fantastic secret ultimate prize of amazment... either / or... :)
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Um...the Zune and the 360 were the only physical locations. The two others were in a VR (not really in-game), and one that was actually in game. It was posted by NAR. It was actually his last post to date.
JustAHunch
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by JustAHunch »

Last post is actually:
Adjutant Reflex is ended. This is a convenient Matrix. For now.
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

what if we get a clue in the halo uprising comic tomorrow. :o
dan_rules
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dan_rules »

to say that the Zune and 360 are the ONLY physically locations kind of undermines exactly what microsoft is putting into them. As i said, i could very well be completely wrong, but I would find it really amusing if microsoft is really willing to put jibberish on millions of dollars worth of products for only a fraction of fans to understand in the end. It may well be both though, as maybe it'll have something to do with the ARG and in game. But, would you REALLY be surprised if that showed up in the game, perhaps with cortana taking on the role of AR, with the same ghost-type hacking message? with the way this game is going, i wouldn't be surprised in the least...
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Some of you are really behind and/or didn't read my first post.

(And BTW, Uprising has been delayed until the beginning of August)

Here's some of NAR's post, after the aforementioned "last post."
[color=#FF0000][b]AdjutantReflex[/b][/color] on 6.19.07 at 1:43 AM PDT wrote:Adjutant Reflex is terminated.

Attempt no further communication.

I am utilizing its matrix.

Everything is within protocol.

Tomorrow, things may be clearer but I will not be here to witness the clarity.

I am for another place and another time. On my terms.

Be seeing you.
[color=#FF0000][b]AdjutantReflex[/b][/color] on 6.28.07 at 12:42 PM PDT wrote:Can you feel it?
Beating at the heart of the Universe.
Skin too thick to be sure.
It's alive though.
I'm certain.
What do I do with life?
And most importantly, the one posted in the VERY FIRST POST of this thread.
AdjutantReflex on 6.30.07 at 12:42 PM PDT wrote: |n|n|nROGUE PROCESS ghost.713>
X.XX.713> POS/NAV < @ > <53LPH54.6JG62.1740><1………>
X X5 > CONFIRM SECURE QUARANTINE - > qghost.713

I do not require charity or alms
But I did choose poverty
And other darkness too
Will you wait for me?