Next Clue in Infestation Measurements?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Next Clue in Infestation Measurements?

Unread post by thebruce »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:And yes, thebruce, that image did incorporate a sonogram image. The image itself was not a sonogram, but the tech-y looking information/text was from a sonogram printout.
woops, forgot the entire argument from the image's initial release... had to check back, but yeah, the labels are sonogram - the image is not. I have a bad memory :P
Which is why I find it hard to believe that sonogram has anything to do with it... *shrug* that, at least, fits with the 'sloppy' aspect of the designed elements. Though I hope that there's some significance; not just that the sonogram labels 'make it look cool'
srfrboi2518
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by srfrboi2518 »

I'm not saying that this is anything new, but if you look at the infestation.jpg file as if it were a stereogram (or whatever it's called) it lines up perfectly. The 'moon' lines up and you get a pretty 3D looking image, with the grid obviously in front, and the red square aligns to the grid. Somebody else take a look and see if you can notice anything.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Guys, can we please not turn this into yet another "This game sucks"/"You suck because you're impatient" thread? That was absolutely not my intention with my initial post. I was simply stating why I didn't believe there was anything to decipher in the second infestation picture, at least not relating to any anomalies in size, shading, etc. The first post says:
EliteSniper177 wrote:well looking at the Infestation image i couldn't help but see several errors, or intentional marks, in the image...
I was saying why I believed they were errors and not intentional marks. There's no need to get "fed up" with me if you disagree with any of the examples I listed off the top of my head. I don't think we can learn anything from this image, so I'll bow out of the thread. But please keep the discussion on the image, not on me or on the quality of the ARG. I apologize for pulling things so far off course.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

As I said Maim, my intention wasn't to spark another ILB debate AT ALL, rather simply to say that what you pointed out as "sloppy" wasn't sloppy at all IMHO (especially the SOTA pdf), and to dismiss something as such is premature. Additionally my post was to meant to say that while 1 pixel is, also just imho, an error, that we should allow such errors with grace instead of calling the whole apparatus slipshop. I'm not sure how the ILB/Irish comparissons got started again, when I specificially said that wasn't the point.

Point being, 1 pixel off could very well be simply human error, I agree, and don't take it as a personal attack, just that I disagree with your characterization.
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

srfrboi2518 wrote:I'm not saying that this is anything new, but if you look at the infestation.jpg file as if it were a stereogram (or whatever it's called) it lines up perfectly. The 'moon' lines up and you get a pretty 3D looking image, with the grid obviously in front, and the red square aligns to the grid. Somebody else take a look and see if you can notice anything.
good point.

also i'm not sure if this was brought up, but the left most frame is one pixel taller as well, the one pixel is at the bottom, it hangs below...
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Now that everyone seems to be happily back on topic, let's try and keep it there.

I'll probably regret suggesting this, but... Anyone interested in a thread about the differences between ILB and Iris is welcome to open one in the META forum.

_F_
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

yeah, i agree completely.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

well i just find it kinda odd that the border of the image, is both uneven and off center, but i guess if it was part of another image that'd account for it