N-I-O-S-H (From the Phone Convo)

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

writer87
Data [Authenticated]

N-I-O-S-H (From the Phone Convo)

Unread post by writer87 »

Bill: Even with CDC involvement?
Man 2: No need, their rep is available to us any time we need her.
Female: Should we be integrating the N-I-O-S-H database?
taken from BruceWiki

and after googeling NIOSH i got this http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/

It could be nothing,but its worth a shot. /pewpew
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: N-I-O-S-H (From the Phone Convo)

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

woops i got that post wrong - this might still be something sorry
Last edited by sharpsniper99 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by pterodactyl »

It's gotta be something. I mean.. Why the heck would there be many clues in the conversation leading to it and CDC? I google'd the 402-K file thing and found an adobe flood booklet. That had a link to http://www.bt.cdc.gov in it. The guy said CDC involvement. What the heck is going on here? x.x

Edit: Fixed link from .com to .gov
Last edited by pterodactyl on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

woops i got that post wrong - this might still be something sorry - its definatly worth looking into
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

For sake of argument (and thread moved to speculation) What if FCC is kind of a precursor to ONI in a sense. It has all these federal links (I.E. the EPA pamphlet, and now the CDC and NIOSH). I mean they are small links, but it could be something that bungie is trying to hint at.

Or i could be entirely wrong and it could be that FCC is just working with CDC because there job is dangerous hence the NIOSH tie in. The FCC doesn't want to get hurt on the job, while cleaning up a "Flood". Who really wants to be infected while they are working?
monctezuma
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by monctezuma »

writer87 wrote:
Or i could be entirely wrong and it could be that FCC is just working with CDC because there job is dangerous hence the NIOSH tie in. The FCC doesn't want to get hurt on the job, while cleaning up a "Flood". Who really wants to be infected while they are working?

Agree. I think the FCC episode is over now. Something totally new should pop up I think. Like next step could be some biological institute making discoveries or something like that and we'll probably catch one of their conversations or research or...
I'm reffering to (infestation.jpg)
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

I think we'll see more of FCC, its origins and intent still lays shrouded in mystery. I think they will be the leading human factor in this ARG, as AR is the leading AI factor, and through a combination of data from these two (or more) factors will we derive our answers.
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

I followed the link to joshie.org from a comment on the main FCC advertisement. Previously, someone commented "Shotty & Sticky". Anyways, that joshie.org website has yellow notes on the side that they call stickes. I read all five of them and the second one had an interesting wikipedia link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicrocoelium_dendriticum
DEM1ZE
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DEM1ZE »

Wasn't it NILSH?
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

It does sound like she says "NILSH" but that could EASILY be confused with "NIOSH". Her voice sounded almost digital on that third letter so there's no telling. It would make much more sense if it was an O though.