Star Images

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

apeiron
Data [Undefined]

Star Images

Unread post by apeiron »

I have discovered that the images are indeed of the same group of stars, just different areas. I will not post the original images again, just the overlapping of StarImage2 over StarImage1:

What I did was align the 2 glyphs, without rotating them; I also marked where image 2 starts in white. Here is the resulting image:

If you compare this with StarImage1, you will notice that StarImage2 has less stars, altho some of them are exactly in the same spot.

Using the "Difference" tool in photoshop, I can see which stars are in StarImage1 and are not in StarImage2. In other words, every star that appears inside the white square in the next image was in StarImage1 and now isn't in StarImage2:

As you can see many stars dissapeared. My theory is that each glyph represents an exact moment in time, but that is just a theory. Hope you guys find this helpful.
SPARTAN_G294
Data [Conditional]

Re: Star Images

Unread post by SPARTAN_G294 »

That seems highly logical, but that can't explain that many stars dissappearing. Still good job on the image.
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZenSaohu »

Here's my overlay with transparency:
Star image overlay.jpg
Star image overlay.jpg (67.95 KiB) Viewed 10628 times
I think these are basically deep-field photos; basically what happens is that when you take photos of a section of the sky, planets disappear and reappear due to some sort of phenomenon. When you have a telescope stare at the sky for a long time though, you get an incredibly complex image (look up hubble deep field).

I'm not getting many disappearing planets. I think we need all 5 to see the results.
Swift
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Swift »

Quick thought i had about the stars/planets dissapearing
(from the Kiosks)
Report two zero six Every sixteen hours
another planet is taken
The numbers being lost
are astronomical Report two two three Host
world raised Correct concentration to
point sixty five Fleet losing control falling
back Rendezvous at Nine Bravo Kilo Two Romeo Six
Maybe the lost planets from the quotes are the missing ones from the image?
srfrboi2518
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by srfrboi2518 »

Then it seems to follow reason that we're supposed to determine the time between the pictures by counting the stars/planets that disappeared, then multiplying by 16 hours?
Camth
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Camth »

srfrboi2518 wrote:
Then it seems to follow reason that we're supposed to determine the time between the pictures by counting the stars/planets that disappeared, then multiplying by 16 hours?
Instead of posting twice:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=737&start=70
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kurk »

well there's an easy way to figure out if there's a connection between the star image and the "sixteen hours" quote. You just have to count how many stars have disappeared and then see if it correlates to the says between the different stages of the lunar cycle.
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

Maybe they arent stars at all, maybe they are planets, colored according to hazard levels, kind of like with that other image we pulled from server 02, and thats why they are disappearing, they have been completely infested.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

The glyph must point out where the Flood is from. Everything else (almost) that we have is about the flood. Maybe they can destroy stars as well as planets?
coloneloneill
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by coloneloneill »

stars seem to look like the stars in the new halo video, from g4 trailer... http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2606