THE SUMMARY OF 7/10

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Re: THE SUMMARY OF 7/10

Unread post by pterodactyl »

Srsly. Where?
Lake
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Lake »

Source code. They seemed out of place.
Lake
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Lake »

It's possible that they were in fact needed for the website, but it just seems random to have 6 'spacers' all with a height of 1. Just seemed out of place.
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

What page was it... Dunno if it is needed or not, was it on one of the ASP.NET pages or plain HTML... ASP.NET viewstate and code it sometimes seems idiotic
Lake
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Lake »

It was on Server 2.
Agent ME
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Agent ME »

Don't discuss new leads or theories in this topic - make a new topic please. This topic is just for clearing up what happened with the opening of Server 2.

Now something for me to add and ask of this topic-

First, you mention that the code was decrypted using Vigenère's cipher - it's probably also worth noting that the quoted text was used as the key for this code.

Second, how did someone find the page where you actually enter in the key after you got it? This link - https://reg.msgamestudios.com/Default.a ... halo3IRIS1.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

the link is closed because its where you register for a key i think, but there's nothing to unlock. Interesting that it wants to send you to the "forerunner" website
Agent ME
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Agent ME »

Yeah, I registered there when it was available. I'm just curious as to how anyone found the link I posted, I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere other than on posts here that didn't explain it.
JustAHunch
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by JustAHunch »

I don't know if anybody else found it, but it was in an error message when the Server 1 reset. There was this link which I found allowed registration, and later found it was used to enter a key.