Log2_Transcript Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Log2_Transcript Discussion

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Before attempting to steer this back on course, let me just say, Van Helsing, that's a pretty nifty idea. And one that sort of ties into what seems to be going on in the new E3 video (with the "Is that Earth? Is that a partial Halo? Is it coming out of the Earth?" stuff). Maybe the Ark creates a physical shield, using something like the light bridge technology we saw in the first game.

Anyway.

So why, except to make things more difficult for us, is some of the text in the video obscured? The message we can easily read, without going frame-by-frame, is this:
Log2_Transcript wrote: We may have been fools to think that all intelligence follows the rules we've set
The Flood is no idiot parasite
{//}
It has a center, a Mind
{//}
{//}
it spoke to us
{//}
It has done this before
{//}
Read this way, it seems to be saying "[Gravemind] has spoken to us before." Did it, and the Forerunner just didn't get it? Didn't understand who/what they were talking to?
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

It's like Global Warming (where it bounces off our atmosphere and back down to us) but instead of turning us into walking hot-pockets as such, it saves us.

But yes, onto the Transcript:

A 'Gravemind' is built by the flood, using most of the bodies they collect. They gain the physical mass from these bodies and also the beings intelligence and entire mind.

Hence, there may have been a few 'Graveminds' around in history.

Although I'd do as far as saying only two:

1) At the time of the forerunners and their last containment breach which ultimately led to the firing of the Halos.

2) The gravemind we see in Halo 2 would be the result of various Covenant and Humans killed, infected and brought back to the 'building site' which appears to be at the bottom of the library's center structure. Basically a huge whole leading deep into Halo.

So they're the two graveminds (probably).

But what about Installation 04 in Halo:CE ?

Installation 04 was turned into the galaxies first firery ring of death - so therefore we can assume the finished, or unfinished 'Gravemind' was burnt to a cinder along with the rest or majority of flood left within or on Halo 04s surface.

So this transcript could be talking about previous encounters with a 'hive-mind' or Gravemind, and is warning us through past experiences.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

perhaps keyes was beign turned into that gravemind...
Ragashingo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ragashingo »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:perhaps keyes was beign turned into that gravemind...
Indeed. Remember in Keyes (the level) at one point you pass through one of the Covenant ship's landing bays and Cortana specifically mentions that the Flood were gathering bodies...
DurandalRT
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DurandalRT »

Ragashingo wrote:
Admiral Whitcomb wrote:perhaps keyes was beign turned into that gravemind...
Indeed. Remember in Keyes (the level) at one point you pass through one of the Covenant ship's landing bays and Cortana specifically mentions that the Flood were gathering bodies...

Wasn't all destroyed when MC blew the Pillar of Autum?. For this to be true, the flood needed to escape Delta Halo.
Ragashingo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ragashingo »

Hmm? The gravemind formed on Halo 05 then later moved to High Charity. It seems that a gravemind is partially the embodiment of the Flood's hive mind, but it also more than that as it acts as a leader for all the Flood (at least in that general area if not the universe...).

One odd things is that Halo 05's gravemind must have already been there, because at the time the MC is grabbed out of the lake only two ships IAC and Regret's Assault Carrier have landed any troops on Halo and gravemind is obviously bigger than the amount of bodies those two ships carried.
Dunia
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dunia »

Master Chief wasn't the only one who escaped Delta Halo. Didn't the Sargeant also make it off alive?

I also thought the entire thing wasn't destroyed. My memory is fuzzy but I thought I remember something about wreckage.

Where did the flood come from in H2? Was the Arbiter vs. Heretic fight on a research facility with living flood spores?
sarge2552
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sarge2552 »

Where did the flood come from in H2? Was the Arbiter vs. Heretic fight on a research facility with living flood spores
the flood were already in the mining facility (which may have been a forerunner structure, im not sure), because half-jaw states "those heretic fools, they have released the parasite"
So why, except to make things more difficult for us, is some of the text in the video obscured? The message we can easily read, without going frame-by-frame, is this:
in thebruce's wiki there is a bit on this
link here: http://halo.wikibruce.com/Log2_Transcript.txt
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

Dunia wrote:Master Chief wasn't the only one who escaped Delta Halo. Didn't the Sargeant also make it off alive?

I also thought the entire thing wasn't destroyed. My memory is fuzzy but I thought I remember something about wreckage.

Where did the flood come from in H2? Was the Arbiter vs. Heretic fight on a research facility with living flood spores?
Yes, it was not completely destroyed...the wreckage shows at the beginning of H2

Sargeant Johnson also made it off, the means by which are confidential (beginning of H2)
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

Johnson made it off by first escaping the flood (In First Strike its reavealed taht the flood infect their host bye matching some sort of genetic pattern, but johnson had boren's syndrom making his genentic pattern so messed up he was immune to infection) then finding WO Polaski's pelican and escaping with Lt haverson and Cpl Locklear