Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Harrisonmon
Data [Undefined]

Re: Server 2 Image and Video Discussion

Unread post by Harrisonmon »

Well, for the most part. However, when I went even slower, I found it could've been a one :\. It also seemed to have skipped 3, and I after everything I heard an eight.

5, 4, 2, 1/0?, 8.

It might be text... I ,o/r(can't tell), o, l, a. Irola...Ioola... :|
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

I just found some more interesting facts about Mars.
In the Forerunner e-mail we can read:

"Waves of an army march this way in unison, Suffering and corruption are its battle cries.
For I have known this darkness
and felt its embrace once before-
Horror best laid to rest

Yet a Journey must commence

Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame.
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory."

The important words are Horror, war.
The ancient greek god of war was Ares or Mars ;)
The ancient greek goddess of Horror was Enyo who followed the god of war,Ares (Mars), in the battlefield. Also the synonyms of Horror like Fear and Terror were ancient greek gods followers of Ares too. Fear= Phobos, Terror= Deimos.
:idea: Do Phobos and Deimos sound familiar to u?

Bingo :!: the 2 moons of planet Mars.

"Follow the signs...they will lead u to war, Mars " :?:
And by the way why on earth are the signs,persumably Chrysopteron, called The Keepers of the Flame ?

What do you fellow-gamers think?
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

Oh Oh, one more thing:

In the 1st Forerunner mp3 transmission we can hear in the end:
"Perhaps through others' eyes you may find how to save us all"

Through others' eyes...

:!: The images used for the background of the Infestation.jpg are three different versions of planet Mars. Possibly IR the first, thermal the third and the second a combination of them. Those images depict Mars as it is not visible in the naked HUMAN eye. No image of Mars in visible light.
Through others' eyes... ;)

Is it a clue?

PS keep up analysing the 719.hz file. Maybe sth good is encoded there...
PS 2 Sry for the double post
onscreenshadow
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by onscreenshadow »

The images used for the background of the Infestation.jpg are three different versions of planet Mars. Possibly IR the first, thermal the third and the second a combination of them. Those images depict Mars as it is not visible in the naked HUMAN eye. No image of Mars in visible light
im not so sure of that,if im not mistaken that is not a picture of mars but a picture of the extrasolar planet TrES-1 and its star GSC 02652-01324,if you go to wiki and look for tres-1 you will see what i mean
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Wow, those look pretty darn close to what we got off the second server. Good job.

Here's the link for people who don't want to search:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tres_1

and the picture in particular...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ssc2005-09b.jpg

It's an artists interpretation of the extrasolar planet in normal and infared light... which changes possible interpretations of what we've been looking at.

That wiki page also links to 51 Pegasi b, which is a planet in the Square of Pegasus someone was talking about earlier, which is where the glyph is on the star charts. Can anyone see the connection? If so, what we may very well be looking at in those images is Pegasi B (it's a Hot Jupiter just like Tres 1) through normal, infared and another light spectrum (someone earlier mentioned and overlay).

edit: I'm now almost POSITIVE that the artist renderings on that wiki are panels 1 & 3 of the infestation image rendered to a lower quality (i.e. the gas coming from the star isn't as visible in the infestation image) which would support the conclusion that panel 2 is some sort of overlay or amalgamation. Whether this means they WANTED us to see the hot jupiter, or some other planet, is obviously still up for debate, but it does connect nicely with the theory that the glyph in the star charts is where the square of pegasus should be. This could mean that the the infestation image is in fact an image from that area of space. It could be the central hub of the outbreak or god knows what else.
It could also just be that Bungie stole the image from an obscure wiki on an obscure hot jupiter planet and thought nobody would find it (I still don't know how you found it ;))
onscreenshadow
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by onscreenshadow »

yeah lets just say i did alot of digging to find that info,now im not saying that would be tres but here is another piece of info(not sure if this has already been posted) this file is an aavso star chart,notice where the 117 is,there is a cross hair,now what if the glyph is also a form of cross hair and is also an aavso? sory about the size,not sure how to downsize it
Attachments
TRES1-E.png
TRES1-E.png (76.41 KiB) Viewed 8019 times
Last edited by onscreenshadow on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SyrupHorder
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SyrupHorder »

Don't know if ya'll now this but a kid played the server 01 video backwards with the first transmission from the Bounce Path thingy and it talked about venus and saturn or something. Here it is:

So this is the kind of thing that sits under the Earth's layer
Makes sense, for it is the secret
Saturn
Venus
{garbled}
Look, it's the Earth's space shuttle
A Secret Four lies inside
It is some sort of Myth
Some say it is not
Friend, you name it Myth
It is the Myth
Halo, shhh
It missed again
How long the hours seem to pass
To be able to touch the Earth, then you must stand next to it and touch it
A message for whoever crosses it

Heres da link to da vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66jE_xGd9I

for more details check out wikibruce: http://halo.wikibruce.com/Server_05_Reverse_Audio

:D :D
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Huh, wow. Since I started following this forum I sort of stopped going to the other sites.
I see now I need to surf thebruce more often.
Did anyone try running the latest Bounce Control Path mp3 from the second server backwards?
SyrupHorder
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SyrupHorder »

Yeaaaaah man I was thinking about doing that but I dont have the technology. So maybe that other fella will do it again.

PS-I was kinda thinking that not just mars was involved in this... thats why saturn and venus were mentioned.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

I don't have the faintest clue how to do it either, or else I would.
How did you find the link for the first backwards recording? I can't seem to find it linked from the Wiki itself, I only have your arrow pointing me there.