New news on bungie.net

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Renegade
Data [Conditional]

New news on bungie.net

Unread post by Renegade »

ok so im guessing this isnt related but its worth a shot.

so the new news announcement is about the e3 microsoft press announcement tonight and within it at the very end of the post

luke says
Additionally, it's probably worth your while to keep checking the Bungie.net Interwebz destination in case stuff and/or things occur that require your presence.

so i dunno maybe its a hint that there will be some infor coming from the halo 3 announcement related to the arg.

*hopes*
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: New news on bungie.net

Unread post by Dalthanas »

I can't see what else they Bungie might need "audience participation" for aside from something to do with this campaign. Sounds like sure thing to me. Good post.
sassafras
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sassafras »

this ARG is pissing me off. It's too much of a marketing campaign, and not enough of a ... game.... I'm going to start calling it an ARMC.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

lol, yeah the 1-18-08 ARG is more fun than this one, even if we have to wait until August 1st for it to really pick up.
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

hahaha! the funny thing about that is that "clover field" which is the real name of the movie has nothing to do with that. J.J. Abrams confirmed that all that EthanHaas stuff is not connected to his movie, not one bit.
surprising yes...
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

It was a great trailer... but would you really want an ARG by JJ Abrams? I mean, it would be set to go for 8 weeks, and the writing would be all done for it, and then he would realize how much money he could make and would extend it for the next 4 years, conveniently forgetting to explain the clues in the ARG he planted in the first 5 weeks, while introducing a seemingly limitless number of new players and places....
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

The untitled movie ARG is quite interesting, but it doesn't apply to this forum or topic. I'm going to have to ask that we move back on topic to this ARG.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

You can tell when Avateur is serious because he puts on his blue text ;) Sorry for following the hijack.
But, I do think that those who will be watching the conference in the chat should have bungie.net and halo3.com open during it. I think it's a pretty safe bet that something will go down, and who knows, you just might get T-Shirt out of it. ;)