Resynching the conference call

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Resynching the conference call

Unread post by ZenSaohu »

Okay, after further analysis, I've determined that the proper synchronism of the call should be to the "thank you for calling, goodbye" part. The last one I put down sync'd the beginnings to match and the gaps, but I redid it so that it sounds proper. The first gap for Participant 3 (Bill) now lines up so that Bill almost cuts off P1, as if he's distressed or panicking. I'm going to upload it now.
FCC Part 1.mp3
(786.3 KiB) Downloaded 925 times
Recording 1A is on the left channel, recording 1B on the right channel. This way you can hear exactly how the recordings are going down. I also "digitally remastered" recording 1B; found a line-in cable for my phone so that the recordings sound similar without fuzzy background noise. Synching by the cut-off is going to set us up so that the next recording fits perfectly.
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Resynching the conference call

Unread post by Corbob »

Nice. It fits perfectly. So maybe we'll get what's after site 34 tomorrow.
DEM1ZE
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DEM1ZE »

Sounds good to me :mrgreen:
Mjonir
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mjonir »

The stereo thing is really nice, I hope you'll do the same thing with part 4 when it'll be updated, that would be great :)
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Hah! I've woken up at 6 in the morning just to catch this update live. I have the project all set up so I get all 4 parts laid out together. Now it's just a matter of waiting...

I swear I'm not addicted.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

lol, I do too. Also, I took your splicing and removed clicks and background noise, so I think what we'll use for the Resources forum will be a combination of ours.
ZenSaohu
Data [Conditional]

Cool, cool. Can we make this thread the official full message thread?
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

I agree that this should be a full message thread. It's great how both sides of the conversation are L and R and it's very clear to understand.

If we wanted this to be a great thread we could put a script in the original post and a script and recordings of any other messages that don't fit in yet (all nicely labeled).
xxNaMinExx
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by xxNaMinExx »

I got a transcript of the call and filled in the pauses with the female and man 3 in bold.

Now they say:

Op (British Female): Welcome to the Strema Conferencing center. Please enter your pin, followed by--
Caller: ####
Op:Password accepted. Now accessing conference archive number 16180, participant 1-2.

Man 1: ...isn't necessary, and neither is the doc download.
Man 2: I agree. This isn't going to be a public resource. Uh, pass on the document number so I can delete it.
Man 3 (Bill?): So where does that put us in terms of the numbers then?
Man 1: There's no way to tell yet, Jaimie's looking into the records to find out how many closed sites there are, but as for active clean up, somewhere around 3-4 thousand.
Female 1: Roughly.
Man 1: Oh here it is. Uh, Hold on. 402-K-07-002 and in terms of numbers most of these are past the (PPE?) stage.
Female 1: And out of that 4000 or so we are expecting to close shop on the bulk by the end of the month.
Man 2: With a few exceptions, uh, site 34. . . .
Op (American Female): --Thank you for calling. Goodbye.

And instead of 'participant 1-2' the op says '1-3'.

Thanks HaloBruceWiki! ^^;

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=675 okay, whoops.