New Clue Found!!

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinWalk3r
Data [Conditional]

Re: New Clue Found!!

Unread post by SkinWalk3r »

anyone send an email to the ad ?

its odd appearing in many cities even over in Dublin..
EU-04
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by EU-04 »

Hm. For those that do not wish to call the number, they state that they will be "closed" for the "Holiday Week". Then they state that they cannot take messages due to an excessive amount of calls...

Very possible that Lurkers have been spamming the number .up already, and that it is OOG
seefear
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by seefear »

When I called the machine said they had a large amount of calls recently, I don't remember exactly what it said. I think this is Iris-related if that's the case. Bungie/M$ knew a shit ton of people would call, so the machine, from the beginning, says that there has been an unusually large number of calls to the number. Hopefully this is Iris-related.
Chainz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Chainz »

I was wondering about that- than again why would they BLUNTLY tell us either way? Isn't that the point of the game? but we will see Monday.
seefear
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by seefear »

Avateur wrote:Alright everyone, this is looking like a fake. I direct you all here. Notice the gmail email address? I don't see Microsoft using that. Looks like one big, well coordinated fraud. Of course, this could be some outstandingly real thing, but for now it's not looking that way.

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow or something.
I was thinking that too. They would use Hotmail, most likely, but, then again, they could just be throwing us off. The name is obviously John Doe. I e-mailed that address. I just said, "The symbol in your ad..." and attached the symbol. We'll see.
EU-04
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by EU-04 »

Avateur wrote:Alright everyone, this is looking like a fake. I direct you all here. Notice the gmail email address? I don't see Microsoft using that. Looks like one big, well coordinated fraud. Of course, this could be some outstandingly real thing, but for now it's not looking that way.

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow or something.
Let us pray that it is In-Game, and that MS is adopting more of a "This Is Not A Game" approach. Not to mention, why post all this crap on different websites, when your business is closed for that week and no one can reach you.

Or an organized Hoax trying to draw attention to a small flood-damage repair company.
bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by bedlam »

endejas wrote:What should we say? There's no doubt going to be hundreds of people calling that number really soon.
Well, I was working on going with the flow.. Here in Texas, it's been raining for the past.. too many days now, and so we pretty much have a problem with this flood stuff. It's everywhere. Eyes gots water damage near the top of all of my window seals. Black mold? Iz got that too. Not sure if my insurance will cover any of the damages, though. Maybe I should give 'em a call?
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

How would they've been able to get the number 1 spot on Google so easily if they weren't someone big?
seefear
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by seefear »

bedlam wrote:
endejas wrote:What should we say? There's no doubt going to be hundreds of people calling that number really soon.
Well, I was working on going with the flow.. Here in Texas, it's been raining for the past.. too many days now, and so we pretty much have a problem with this flood stuff. It's everywhere. Eyes gots water damage near the top of all of my window seals. Black mold? Iz got that too. Not sure if my insurance will cover any of the damages, though. Maybe I should give 'em a call?
Whereabouts in Texas? I'm right outside Dallas.

I had the same thought, though. If it turns out to be a regular company I'll bullshit about how the rain has ruined my patio or something.
Chainz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Chainz »

bedlam wrote:
No shit, I'm over here in Crosby and its flooded.