Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

crimzind
Data [Conditional]

Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Unread post by crimzind »

So, Just over 26 hours. Who thinks something bigs going to happen 7/7/07
And, if so, what?
I think a servers going to open.

Would of made a poll, but yea, :(
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Unread post by c2h6o »

If something doesn't happen by 7/7/07, numbers everyone knows that Bungie loves, I will officially quit this ARG.
forsakenwayfarer
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by forsakenwayfarer »

seriously. i've been following the arg just to follow the story. now im a slight bit pissed nothing is going on after all the hype.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Seems Microsoft is thinking "since Bungie just released a (single) Campaign pic and lots more MP pics for Halo 3, most people following the ARG are going to be focused on that instead of what's happening next with Iris."
forsakenwayfarer
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by forsakenwayfarer »

a true case of cutting off one's nose to spite the face? time, unfortunately, will tell.
Orpheus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Orpheus »

I'd like to think something big is going to happen on 7/7/07 which is why im gonna try to stay up till midnight (good thing I live in PST)
but... the arg seems somewhat slow, albeit this is the first one i've actually followed from the somewhat start
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

I've basically given up on staying up on certain nights because it's become quite obvious nothing is happening for a while which is absolutely ridiculous. Appeasing 100 people with swag is not going to make the other 99.9% of the Iris participants happy, especially when some of those people (B.net is a prime example) seem quite lost with what they're supposed to do.

I guess one nice fact though is if I do decide to actually "stay up" for one of these things I'm typically already up doing other things so it's not hard to shift my attention for a few minutes and see what's going on. But seeing as we've got nothing to go off of, I've been less inclined to do so lately.
Sable
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Sable »

If it isn't, I think a lot of people will be extraordinarily unhappy. I don't expect this to be "Haunted Apiary II: This Time With More Bees," but a game on the quality level of ILB is I think what we're all jonesing for. Maybe after the seventh things will get rolling again but if they don't, I think that's basically going to be it for a lot of people.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

*raises hand*

There is no possible way Bungie would just pass up this chance, after all:
I wrote:This date only comes once every 100 years.
And I stick by it, something WILL happen on Saturday. Unfortunately if that something is happening in America it could be 8:00am in the morning here when that happens. I'm from the UK so we are six to eight hours ahead. Which is a pain for this ARG because if Anything happens from about 6pm onwards it'll be past midnight over here, and I do need SOME sleep after all.
Last edited by Air Sparrow Hawk on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

why do you asume it will be midnight
server 1 opened at 8:00 pm in america....
(im british too but im going to be in tailand/australia with my cousins so i need to do some maths to work out when i should come online ;) )
where should we look for server 2? should we just load up all the suspicious IP adresses discussed?
(i really want a package from MS :) )