Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

crimzind
Data [Conditional]

Re: Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Unread post by crimzind »

Well, This was posted a bit ago a B.net
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx ... &cid=12623

Which means we're probally getting some gamer pics/themes for the 360. If something arg related, such as a server opening, which I'd like to think would happen, but probally won't because of the balatent obviousness of such a "coincidental" occurance would be, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Glyph hidden somewhere in the theme/gamerpics we will most likely be getting.
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

Then it is set. The halo3.com site will have a heart attack at roughly 7:07 am on 7/7/07.

If you want to even have a remotely good chance at getting in I would advise a fiber optic connection. :ugeek:
c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

crimzind wrote:Well, This was posted a bit ago a B.net

Which means we're probally getting some gamer pics/themes for the 360. If something arg related, such as a server opening, which I'd like to think would happen, but probally won't because of the balatent obviousness of such a "coincidental" occurance would be, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Glyph hidden somewhere in the theme/gamerpics we will most likely be getting.
Well, from this it seems pretty clear that a new server WILL be opening tomorrow. "Also something cool lined up for the site tomorrow." That, or the character pictures will be uploaded, etc. Finally some good news.
crimzind
Data [Conditional]

Well, seeing as how we've been sitting here for a week or two almost with no real direction to go in, I can't see anything else that would be a genuine possibility, but I don't want to get mine (and others) hopes up that a server WILL open...its just the most likely next step, at the most likely time.
nattyhaze
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by nattyhaze »

Yes yes. We all know somthing will happen on 7/7/7. We didn't even need bungie to tell us this, it was almost a foregone conclution. If it hadn't been for the Flood Cotainment Control stuff and the date posted on that image, I would have agreed that 7/7/7 was the date to watch.

But it can't be all about that. We missed something on 070507. If not, what was the point of telling us those numbers?
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

c2h6o wrote:
crimzind wrote:Well, This was posted a bit ago a B.net

Well, from this it seems pretty clear that a new server WILL be opening tomorrow. "Also something cool lined up for the site tomorrow." That, or the character pictures will be uploaded, etc. Finally some good news.
We're definitely getting some gamerpics and a theme for the 360 :D , but the article on bungie.net says they are NOT Halo 3 related :cry: , and I highly doubt they'll be ARG related (but I don't know, so I'm just guessing, like you).

Whether a new server opens, though, that's pure speculation. Nowhere has anything pointed to that--the "something cool lined up for the site tomorrow" is something cool for the bungie.net site, not necessarily for Halo3.com.

As I said before, we're speculating, so anything's possible... ;)
crimzind
Data [Conditional]

Yea. No new server. Yet.
DiscipleN2k
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DiscipleN2k »

Frogwart wrote:We're definitely getting some gamerpics and a theme for the 360 :D , but the article on bungie.net says they are NOT Halo 3 related :cry: , and I highly doubt they'll be ARG related (but I don't know, so I'm just guessing, like you).
Actually, the quote just says the surprise isn't Halo 3. There were a rumors floating around that Bungie would release its biggest project on the greatest Bungie Day ever. It's fairly likely that it'll be some Halo 3 content, but I'd be happy with some old school Marathon stuff.

-Disciple
FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

DiscipleN2k wrote:
Frogwart wrote:We're definitely getting some gamerpics and a theme for the 360 :D , but the article on bungie.net says they are NOT Halo 3 related :cry: , and I highly doubt they'll be ARG related (but I don't know, so I'm just guessing, like you).
Actually, the quote just says the surprise isn't Halo 3. There were a rumors floating around that Bungie would release its biggest project on the greatest Bungie Day ever. It's fairly likely that it'll be some Halo 3 content, but I'd be happy with some old school Marathon stuff.

-Disciple
:shock: Pimps At Sea!!!?!?!
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kurk »

hmm i wonder what this means