Tons of new stuff

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Tons of new stuff

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

i would just like to say aswell i didnt want to appear to be whining in the other thread - i was just making the point that the arg is just really simplistic.

i never expected a prize peaple in the uk are usually excluded from american competiitons and vice versa -

"I wrote:
That's the spirit! We can't just throw away everything we have right now, so what if we don't get all the prizes? The extra knowledge is all I want personally and it's prize enough for me!"

thats exactly why im here - im not gutted and going to give up on the game because im not getting a prize, but by the same thing im not going to stay awake till 5 am just to get a prize either - im annoyed because the prize'(s) should be something the whole community can share -and im very annoyed that ppeaple who did nothing but follow a link on the net at the right time are getting such a unique prize for doing nothing - if the prize was for solving a complex puzzle nd i didnt get one it would be fair enough - and i would congratulate the winners completely, i might be jelous and what not but this prize just annoys me.

sorry for the rant, i just wanted to make it clear im not personally upset about getting a prize, im more upset with how the arg is being run
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

There's a chance (however unlikely) the gamerpics Bungie is offering up tomorrow might be the same as those allegedly going to the "Hot 100," of which I thought I was a part (I have a key written down), but am not so sure about, as I've received no prize package, alas.

More likely, the gamerpics and theme mentioned over at Bungie.net are unrelated both to Halo 3 (as they claim in their recent article) and this ARG.

Here's hoping something new occurs soon w/r/t Iris. I think people are falling asleep around here... :(
FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

to get a prize you need to have a proper mailing address in your information. I know when I was younger I used to say I lived in California and my zip code was 90210. I'm Canadian. So anybody who gave false info isn't going to get their stuff.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

That makes sense, but who is soliciting the information, and from where? Did the people who got prizes receive some sort of email contact first, or were they already logged in with their MSN accounts (as I was) when they accessed the server on 6/20?

I'm curious like a cat. That's why my friends call me Whiskers... ;)
DiscipleN2k
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DiscipleN2k »

I'm pretty sure everyone had to be logged in with their Live accounts to get through. I know a number of people on unforums had issues with a glitch concerning the birthday they had recorded on those acounts. I assume all contact information was pulled from there. I went back and updated all my info just in case :)
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

I just double checked my account and, other than on my Bungie.net profile, there's nowhere I could find on my MSN account for an address or phone number. I'd think they'd need a physical address (beyond just a city, state and Zip Code, which is there on Bungie) in order to mail stuff to people. I was logged in that night, but with my old-style iBook, who knows what happens to my connections when I sneeze... :o

In the end the prizes really don't matter. I'm having fun helping moderate this site, and seeing the theories and thoughts of everyone who visits here, and I can't wait until September 25th to see Halo 3. I have pretty high hopes it's going to top Halo: CE as my favorite game. Everything I've seen so far, and all the fun I had in the Beta, have supported this belief. :D