AR dialogue & real-world machinations

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

AR dialogue & real-world machinations

Unread post by beelzebub »

Here's an entertaining possibility: what if the AR dialogue is just thinly-veiled communications from the game runners? E.g., "it has begun. The first seeds are scattered." is just a translucent way of telling us that the ARG is underway. Then, later, when it gets totally botched, and whoever is running the game gets taken off the project/ the project gets canned, AR tells us he is being replaced, and he is outranked - someone higher up the foodchain is displeased with the way the ARG is running and tells him to clear out. Then, that higher-up continues using AR's login (for now) to communicate with us, telling us that it's just temporary and we'll eventually get around to fixing a proper, new name. A few days later when we're all grumbling, he tells us, first, that things are still cooking, "alive", not dead, and that would we wait for him? I.e., they're revamping the game, please hold on while we get things going.

Has about as much merit as any of these other possibilities, and I, for one, would welcome a reboot of the ARG if it means it's done better.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Re: AR dialogue & real-world machinations

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

beelzebub wrote:Here's an entertaining possibility: what if the AR dialogue is just thinly-veiled communications from the game runners? E.g., "it has begun. The first seeds are scattered." is just a translucent way of telling us that the ARG is underway. Then, later, when it gets totally botched, and whoever is running the game gets taken off the project/ the project gets canned, AR tells us he is being replaced, and he is outranked - someone higher up the foodchain is displeased with the way the ARG is running and tells him to clear out. Then, that higher-up continues using AR's login (for now) to communicate with us, telling us that it's just temporary and we'll eventually get around to fixing a proper, new name. A few days later when we're all grumbling, he tells us, first, that things are still cooking, "alive", not dead, and that would we wait for him? I.e., they're revamping the game, please hold on while we get things going.

Has about as much merit as any of these other possibilities, and I, for one, would welcome a reboot of the ARG if it means it's done better.
It is a possibility but I just don't see it happening. After all, this ARG was planned out months in advance, one of the images was created in April? I think, so I don't just think they'd botch it up that easily.

But I've been wrong before. Believe what you will.
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

Plausible, but that would include the theory the game is broken, which I do not yet support. So, I dont think so just yet.
crymsonnite
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by crymsonnite »

that makes so much sense my head hurts :|

either thats whats happening, or its just very very ironic
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

3zz wrote:Plausible, but that would include the theory the game is broken, which I do not yet support. So, I dont think so just yet.
I believe you are right, I highly doubt Microsoft would throw away these few months before Halo 3 AND the 07/07/07 date that takes place tomorrow. They have it all planned out I'm sure.