new link on SOTA site

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ckansers
Data [Conditional]

new link on SOTA site

Unread post by ckansers »

not of much importance but on the evidence part of the site it has a link that goes to server 5, under it is a message that says something like " whether this is valid proof of the ancients or not we will soon find out" so does that mean that they are also playing a role in unlocking the servers also, or that we are on the brink of unlocking more servers?
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Re: new link on SOTA site

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

I don't think there is any real way to tell because so far, SOTA hasn't really played a role in any of this. So far their role seems to be a rather lackluster attempt at making this all seem "real" and the fact that they're kind of acknowledging this kind of stuff while at the same time acting dumb as to the symbol is more frustrating than anything because we all know how they're really nothing but a group hired by MS to be the aforementioned group.

I guess it is a slightly encouraging sign that they've linked Server 5 to their website, or more specifically, there has actually been a noticeable change in the game in that there is still someone behind the computer doing something. But I'm not getting my hopes up for anything because every time I hear a date mentioned, it goes by without anything changing.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

This is taken from another of my posts in another thread:

[quote="Air Sparrow Hawk]And I just thought of something, those writings kind of remind me of Stonehenge, it's connected to this game as it's mentioned on the SOTA website. Plus one of the glyphs is on the starmap image we got from the server. Could Stonehenge and the glyphs be connected somehow? I thought maybe the lighting around stonehenge might be something.[/quote]

I think SOTA has some role in all of this but I just don't think anyone here is noticing it. SOTA is put out to be a lame-looking improffessional group of alien-fans. However I think their website page that says a little about Stonehenge is onto something. I think Stonehenge may be the answer to all of the Glyphs.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

Hmmm does the aerial view of Stonehenge line up with the glyph anyone?
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

Here's an aerial view, I don't have any way to line it up with the image, but just eyeing it, it looks similar in shape.

[img]http://www.lundyisleofavalon.co.uk/ston ... 01.htm#map[/img]
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

System Failure wrote:Hmmm does the aerial view of Stonehenge line up with the glyph anyone?
I just tried that out, I wonder, if the circle was the position of the moon, the lines could be moonlight, this might make a little sense.

If we zoomed in and took an aerial shot of only the stone circle, then overlapped the Glyph, then rotated the glyph to show the lunar position of the moon, it might make more sense.
Attachments
StongehengeGlyphs.rar
The Six Glyphs lined up with Stonehenge.
(91.5 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by smallfry »

That looks awfully convincing, the five station stones marking the five 'spokes' of the glyph, and then the sixth 'outside' station stone would be analogous to the circle which 'travels' along the five spokes of the various glyphs-iterations.

Also, I don't know if Stonehenge was originally constructed with the inner circle 'incomplete', but that also mirrors the glyph's opening to the center.

I don't know what the connection leads to, but there's at least a strongly suggestive visual parallel.
Systema Eterna
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Systema Eterna »

That link has been there....
ckansers
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ckansers »

i think who ever sed it was right the SOTA are just a prop hired by MS but i cant help but hink that they know when certain events are goin to happen in iris. idk speculation i guess
Icy Inferno
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Icy Inferno »

The wierd thing about Stonehendge is that it doesn't seem to work with the current pattern for symbols.

Using the stonehendge landmarks I made an approximate symbol for stonehendge.

First one I made using solely the landmarks as guides and dis-regarded the center pattern:
Which made little sense when compared to the other symbols but...

....The second one I made I tried to preserve the center pattern:
Link if pic doesn't work: http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... dgens3.jpg

Which looks exactly like this symbol!
Link if pic doesn't work: http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=serverkf4.jpg
Which couldn't really be any other because by rotating the image you would rotate the center, causing the opening in the center to not correspond with the opening in the stone hendge circle.

So I'm betting that these symbols mean the locations of arks (maybe there's more than one?) or possibly something else that would include the ark (since its on earth).

Each dot of each symbol (which seems to rotate) might be the corresponding point of a star, if all five of the symbols were arranged like a star arround a focal point. And at the center would be Adjutant Reflux, whose symbol does not match that of the other five.

Like so...
Link if pic doesn't work: http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5840/starbq1.jpg

Dunno what it means... I might be wrong...

hmmmm, i wonder what an overlay with the starmap would look like....
EDIT:: Nevermind, I just remembered that an overlay on a star map would be useless because not only is the star image probably fake but the distance between the symbols is relative, meaning it could be anywhere. Not only that this isn't in 3-d.