New Glyph! [Update 7/5/07]

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

TtheHedge
Data [Conditional]

Re: Possible New Glyph

Unread post by TtheHedge »

Here's my post from the CI forums:

This seems like a pretty legit discovery, and maybe I'm just a skeptical cynic, but I have a problem with the glyph's location out of nowhere, and the fact that it's missing the center circle. It makes me question if this is a fake. I'm not calling anyone a liar, because the majority of myself is telling me that this is real, but until more people begin to verify (myself included, tomorrow), it just seems odd.

Of course, the circle being gone could mean that something was released. But yeah, without more confirmations, I'm not going to treat this like fact. I've done that too many times with other things and been burned.
Just a thought, but what if the circle gone is VERY symbolic? What if the normal circle in the middle of the original is the core of OAR? What if the reason it is gone is because the NAR killed OAR and does nothing is occupying the core? Just rambling here...
Anzio_katarin
Data [Conditional]

Re: New Glyph! [Update 7/5/07]

Unread post by Anzio_katarin »

I dropped by the local EBGames here in West Michigan and they had them out.
I forgot to ask how long they have had it out but the guy did say they are waiting for the empty cases for the display
(which is maybe why others don't have it out yet)
The glyph is there as shown above.
07_05_07_1206.jpg
07_05_07_1206.jpg (96.58 KiB) Viewed 6472 times
TtheHedge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by TtheHedge »

I work at EBGames. I'll be on shift in about 2 hours. I'll see if we have the glyph there and report back. Wish me luck.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

While it seems legit, it still comes across as being the norm of this entire game. We have clues and we have information, just no context. Why would there be a glyph on an advertisement box for pre-orders (well, aside from the obvious marketing push)? I mean, if the pamphlets happen to contain some information we can use, that's all fine and dandy, but it not, I guess we can just chalk it up to being another piece of the puzzle that seems to missing the edge pieces.
S3NATOR
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by S3NATOR »

OK, so now we know this is legit. I went to my local Gamestop on my lunch today but they didn't have a display yet. Maybe there is a website somewhere on this display? Can someone find one to closely examine?

S3N
Anzio_katarin
Data [Conditional]

S3NATOR wrote: Maybe there is a website somewhere on this display? Can someone find one to closely examine?

S3N
Good point. The guys at the local EBGames are a great bunch.
I'll stop by there on the way home from work and get a closer look.
We might not get anything until whatever goes in the pocket at the front
turns up. (but I don't mind an excuse to stop in) :D
Anzio_katarin
Data [Conditional]

Anzio_katarin wrote:
S3NATOR wrote: Maybe there is a website somewhere on this display? Can someone find one to closely examine?

S3N
Good point. The guys at the local EBGames are a great bunch.
I'll stop by there on the way home from work and get a closer look.
We might not get anything until whatever goes in the pocket at the front
turns up. (but I don't mind an excuse to stop in) :D
Well. I looked it over pretty good and I didn't see any URL, IP, or anything else.
I wasn't comfortable asking to take it apart :shock: to see if anything was hidden inside.
Now we know to watch for these and maybe someone that works at EB can get it before it's assembled.
The guy there said it came in directly from M$ this week.
All that was in the box was the display, directions to put it together, and a slip in the slot saying "Box Art Goes Here"
There was nothing in their computer showing that it or anything else was on the way.
Now that he knows it may be more than just a display, he'll try to hang on to what shows up next.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Because there doesn't really seem to be anything we can do with this yet, allow me to point out a STARTLING DEVELOPMENT:
omgitsasign.jpg
omgitsasign.jpg (132.55 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Anzio_katarin wrote:I dropped by the local EBGames here in West Michigan and they had them out.
I forgot to ask how long they have had it out but the guy did say they are waiting for the empty cases for the display
(which is maybe why others don't have it out yet)
The glyph is there as shown above.
07_05_07_1206.jpg
Any brochures in there?
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:Because there doesn't really seem to be anything we can do with this yet, allow me to point out a STARTLING DEVELOPMENT:
omgitsasign.jpg
I really don't get it. What's with the circles? I don't see any glyphs... is this a joke? I don't really pick up inferred sarcasm, sorry.