Why are we focusing on AR? Why not the other.....

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Why are we focusing on AR? Why not the other.....

Unread post by atenz »

i saw both movies, but i dont remember....could you refresh my memory on how it sounds men in black ish? (not being mean here just i honestly want to know)
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

atenz wrote:i saw both movies, but i dont remember....could you refresh my memory on how it sounds men in black ish? (not being mean here just i honestly want to know)

Our universe was just encased inside of a marble that was used to smash other marbles by the giant alien.
Orpheus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Orpheus »

atenz wrote:in one of the files from sever01, the array recorder data, it says the following

[<array-sdr.> 49 seconds]
Authorize -00-00-00-48-0999-
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_
Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_ Array
Authorized…_ Array Authorized…_{check}

Now why would we have to go through so many authorizations if all one had to do was stick in the key and boom were gone? but here is a theory by me, (thinking as i go) what if at one point there were more then 7 halos....like somewhere around 22? i KNOW its far fetched and most likely wrong but just think with me here.waht if the 15 halos we see that are activated, are actually smaller, and only take out a small fraction of the galaxy? what if when the halos were activated, they were destroyed, along with the flood on them. but the forerunner had thought ahead and made Seven Super halos, that after they were goine, if the flood came back, and reclaimer sought to destroy the flood completely, they could still do it with the Super Halos, effectively wiping out all sentient life. (just a theory, theres more too it but i dont know how to put it down.) feel free to whatever, just dont be too harsh, little speculation, and hey i may be right you never know, but its also most unlikely....
I don't think so, because 343 Guilty Spark says that the Halo he was on was activated before, I like the 7 swords, 7 sheilds, 1 ark idea the best.
atenz wrote:it would explain how the elites would know the human language
I just thought that they monitored us before they attacked Harvest. Seeing as how much data we broadcast into space, it would be fairly easy to learn our language and culture, then decide to kill us.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

Okay, not related to the discussion at hand, but I was following up on the repeated posting of 304 Guilty Guide and I'm sure everyone knows the links are leading back to the SOTA site, and I'm keeping an open mind and saying it's legit, but I could be wrong. I figure everyone's complaining that they've exhausted everything and now that we've been pointed somewhere, I figure I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Anyways, the words "lex parsimoniae" were colored red. Now, I'm familar with Occam's Razor, but the coloring intrigued me so I went to wiki to do some more digging (I figured when all else fails use the internet). Then I found this under the Occam's Razor entry:
The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"):
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem,
which translates to:
entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.
This is often paraphrased as "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the best one."
The literal translation is what hit me, "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity". I don't know if this is me reading too much into things, but I think this adds to my theory that the New AR is the Old AR. It's midnight, I'm kinda tired, got work in the morning, so I'm just going to post this, and check a few more things and I'm out.
Last edited by failedparachute on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
That would also apply to Cortana from First Strike...;)
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

and it would explain her rampancy maybe were dealing with a schizophrenic (sp?) AR?
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

atenz wrote:and it would explain her rampancy maybe were dealing with a schizophrenic (sp?) AR?
An AI with two personalities, it sounds like that'd fit really well into the storyline somehow. If AR had two personalities...

If I recall correctly Adjutant Reflex seems to mention more than one person in the vicinity.
Adjutant Reflex wrote:HELP ME.

He's here. With us. I am already defeated.
Security is failing.
Peril is near.
Warn them.
Adjutant Reflex wrote:That Old Life

An older life is here with us. He is not as helpful as I. His motives are oblique and his alliances opaque.
He plays with time even as he hides in its folds.
He outranks me and anyway, is stronger.
I can't prevail.
I will seek one of you out and leave my legacy in a small space.
Could it be possible that Adjutant Reflex isn't just one AI, but a group of them? Tens, or hundreds, or even thousands of AIs all in one entity? This would be a biblical reference (Bungie likes biblical references for some reason) of Legion, the Demon that Jesus Christ exorcised. Legion also referred to himself as "Us" due to the fact that he was formed of many demons in one entity.

I don't know what you think but I think this sounds very familiar to AR's situation. Criticise as you want, it's just a theory.
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

I'd say the "Us" was referring to himself and then the people reading his posts.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

ODST Epsilon wrote:I'd say the "Us" was referring to himself and then the people reading his posts.
I'm not so sure of that, the last time he talked about other people in his posts he used a different term:
Adjutant Reflex wrote:That Old Life

An older life is here with us. He is not as helpful as I. His motives are oblique and his alliances opaque.
He plays with time even as he hides in its folds.
He outranks me and anyway, is stronger.
I can't prevail.
I will seek one of you out and leave my legacy in a small space.
Now he uses "Us" and "You" in the same post. Surely if he was referring to the people reading his thread he would have put:

I will seek one of us out and leave my legacy in a small space.

It wouldn't have been bad grammar if he had put it this way either. But he chose to type "You" instead of "Us" for some reason. I still think my Legion theory stands.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

I believe the "you" is directed toward AR's readers and followers. Now the question I have is has anyone been made that contact the "small space" where AR's going to leave his "legacy"? Is this the extent of his legacy or is there more? I hope someone in our community has the answers...