Why are we focusing on AR? Why not the other.....

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Why are we focusing on AR? Why not the other.....

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

failedparachute wrote:I believe the "you" is directed toward AR's readers and followers. Now the question I have is has anyone been made that contact the "small space" where AR's going to leave his "legacy"? Is this the extent of his legacy or is there more? I hope someone in our community has the answers...
Well if we want to figure this out we must first ask ourselves, what sort of small space do you find on the internet? If we can figure that out, maybe we can gain a little bit of insight.
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

Air Sparrow Hawk wrote:
failedparachute wrote:I believe the "you" is directed toward AR's readers and followers. Now the question I have is has anyone been made that contact the "small space" where AR's going to leave his "legacy"? Is this the extent of his legacy or is there more? I hope someone in our community has the answers...
Well if we want to figure this out we must first ask ourselves, what sort of small space do you find on the internet? If we can figure that out, maybe we can gain a little bit of insight.
Perhaps that small space is Server 5?
The vid transcript does sound similar to Old AR...
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

t0rm3n7 wrote:
Air Sparrow Hawk wrote:
Maybe, but it just seems so blatant and obvious what this 'Small Space' really is and I'm just not getting it.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

Air Sparrow Hawk wrote:
t0rm3n7 wrote:
Air Sparrow Hawk wrote:
Maybe, but it just seems so blatant and obvious what this 'Small Space' really is and I'm just not getting it.
The servers make sense, at least to me. Think of them in terms of an advanced A.I. If you were an advanced A.I. you'd probably need quite a bit of space to stretch your digital self. To compress your most important thoughts and data into 5 separate servers, that is quite a small space indeed, especially if the information you contain spans 100,000 years. But if the goal of the information is to aid the finder, why lock it? Fear of it being tampered or destroyed? So, what to do if malignant (sp?) forces are attempting to access it? Encrypt it. And to make sure that the intended audience receives it, send it through time so that they have a few hundred years to decipher the message.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

failedparachute wrote: The servers make sense, at least to me. Think of them in terms of an advanced A.I. If you were an advanced A.I. you'd probably need quite a bit of space to stretch your digital self. To compress your most important thoughts and data into 5 separate servers, that is quite a small space indeed, especially if the information you contain spans 100,000 years. But if the goal of the information is to aid the finder, why lock it? Fear of it being tampered or destroyed? So, what to do if malignant (sp?) forces are attempting to access it? Encrypt it. And to make sure that the intended audience receives it, send it through time so that they have a few hundred years to decipher the message.
Sort of like a safety procedure I suppose. Hundred years? This ARG is set in the year 2007 you know.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

S3NATOR wrote:It has been theorized that those 15 "Array Authorized" could be 7 Swords, 7 Shields, and 1 Ark. But thats just speculation.

S3N
I thought (in another thread lost to the ravages of time) perhaps there could originally be 16 total: 14 Halos and two Shield worlds (Onyx and Earth---reading Ghosts of Onyx and seeing the Sentinel-type machines on the Halo comic website are no coincidence).

Looking at the "15" theory, though, makes more sense. Question is: where are all those Shield worlds (assuming the Halos are the Swords)?
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

Im assuming close to the Halo rings. It would be like fighting in your ship till your backs to the escaped pods, and when defeat is imminent, blow the ship and run away.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Frogwart wrote:
S3NATOR wrote:It has been theorized that those 15 "Array Authorized" could be 7 Swords, 7 Shields, and 1 Ark. But thats just speculation.

S3N
I thought (in another thread lost to the ravages of time) perhaps there could originally be 16 total: 14 Halos and two Shield worlds (Onyx and Earth---reading Ghosts of Onyx and seeing the Sentinel-type machines on the Halo comic website are no coincidence).

Looking at the "15" theory, though, makes more sense. Question is: where are all those Shield worlds (assuming the Halos are the Swords)?
I'm thinking the Covenant client races. If we needed protection to evolve, the Covenant undoubtedly needed it also.

And there is mention that the Elites and Prophets stopped fighting after the Prophets found Forerunner technology...
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

how do we know they found it? for all we know, the covenant (all the races) and the humans were both the forerunner, united against one common enemy, the flood. but what if the prophets, were jealous of the humans being chosen as the reclaimers. or somthing happened, and the prophets began to hate the humans.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

The comic on Halo3.com kinda dissolves the link of Humans being Forerunner. And on the Halo 2 SE DVD it shows that the Elites and Prophets used to live on the same world and were constantly engaged in wars. That is, until the Prophets found the Forerunner tech, and launched a crusade to take back what they believed was left for them.