Ya kno what I think...?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Ya kno what I think...?

Unread post by DHalo »

I think MS might have screwed Iris up big time.

This may be the reason for the lull in the game. What our first unlocked server was actually supposed to open last?

What if MS gave us the big finale...upfront?

Remember, "This is my last entry," implies there are those before it. It could be referring to AR's posts, but the server wouldn't have been established just now. The transmission was, as he is talking directly to us, made and sent recently. The video is a message to anyone who might hear it. AR (I'm assuming AR is the one in the transmission) just gave us a key to get inside the server that was sealed away, waiting for someone to find it. So, in conclusion, that server may very well have not been 01, because it refers to past entries that would have been made thousands of years ago...Any thoughts?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Ya kno what I think...?

Unread post by Avateur »

If it is actually Microsoft running the whole technical show, wouldn't surprise me in the least. Blue screen of death, ARG style! That or this is exactly what they wanted and how they planned it, and we'll get answers or something later on.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Still, all the "my last entry" and everything, that's associated with server 5, so server 5 is obviously the last server. But the point is, did bungie give us the last server on purpose? Are we going to work backwards to see how it started? We know how it ends, so that's not very important. What really matters is how it began. If any of you have ever seen Memento, you know exactly what I'm talking about ;)
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Ibeechu wrote:Still, all the "my last entry" and everything, that's associated with server 5, so server 5 is obviously the last server. But the point is, did bungie give us the last server on purpose? Are we going to work backwards to see how it started? We know how it ends, so that's not very important. What really matters is how it began. If any of you have ever seen Memento, you know exactly what I'm talking about ;)
People... M$ doesn't do ANYTHING on a whim... they code things MONTHS in advance... this wasn't screwed up. It's being made non-linear for a reason.
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

Oh geez... Memento, ARG style...

The whole working backwards would semi-sorta make sense, given the whole Server1/5 thing.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

It makes perfect sense from a story telling point of veiw. Quite a few movies and books start at the Death of a character. Then tell you the events that led up to it, adding more to the suspense because you know exactly what will happen in the end but not when. Kind of like life, we all will die, but how and why is what makes life interesting. Now im thinking, the circle of life Hmmm. makes me think of :?: If this makes no sense just pretend.
sarge2552
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sarge2552 »

circle of life......forerunners evolve a long time ago, get technilogically advanced, find/create parasite, create doomsday device, activate, humans/covenant find device, attempt to activate and kill everything again.....a big circle
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

I just looked at the lyrics again. First time it was posted it didn't make much sense to me but now maybe some light? Note: I don't think Disney made this song for Halo. But that can't stop Halo from relating to this song and when a say a reference, I mean the game to the song.
From the day we arrive on the planet
And, blinking, step into the sun
Possibly an allusion to Forerunners or Humans landing on Earth and walking off their
spaceship in the bright sun.
Maybe a reference to the task of repopulating the galaxy and the possibility that not all civilizations were saved. More ominously it could mean that the Flood infestation is so deep rooted that it can't:
There's more to see than can ever be seen
Be found by the most thorough of patrols
More to do than can ever be done
No matter how hard you will try it cant be eliminated
There's far too much to take in here
The galaxy is way too big to ever efficiently sweep
More to find than can ever be found
Once again once the flood get on to a planets surface you cant never find a way to get rid of them short of destroying the planet.
The above lines almost seem like an adequate reasoning to activate the Halos basically we never going to kill them directly they are every where, the only hope is to starve them and if we must die, we will take them down with us.
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round
The "sun" can be the Firing of the Halos, which in effect bring back the circle of life. They kill the flood which threatened to turn the galaxy into undying parasitic monsters. The sapphire sky might be the entire galaxy bloodied by the years long conflict which has 10^(6>N) casualties
It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Quite possibility the Ark singular, or the entire shield world array.
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
Sounds so much like albeit watered down version of the Prophets many speech's I'll be offend if this turns out to be nothing. And you know what I mean.
"As we cast our swords aside.. thou in faith will keep us safe wiliest we find the path.
How you like dem apples? ;)
Last edited by System Failure on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Personally I think the "Circle of Life" is the Ark since it magically opens when that line is first said.
Hun7er
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hun7er »

(ignoring the lion king banter)

while i'd like not to think that the ARG was screwed up, the evidence is mounting. server 5 instead of 1 being the most compelling thing to me.

...but a memento style backwards ARG seems so interesting to me that i can't ignore it.