hrm?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

dirtyJ
Data [Undefined]

hrm?

Unread post by dirtyJ »

Might want to check your emails guys, just got this from the Xbox flash thing.

HISTORY CIRCLING
BACK UPON US.

The gears of the Universe spin further
and further apart.
Ever greater grows the gulf between souls,
And distance gives false hope of safety
But for the grim tidings this messenger bears:

The enemy is almost upon us

Closing in from all sides,
Moving faster than the light
it snuffs with its passage,
Time echoes with the news of destruction.
History winding back upon itself.

Waves of an army march this way in unison, Suffering and corruption are its battle cries.
For I have known this darkness
and felt its embrace once before-
Horror best laid to rest

Yet a Journey must commence

Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame.
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory.

DJ

edit: clicking the email leads to halo3.com I haven't checked the site for a while, so I don't know if this is what it's looked like since then, but it's different to me.
Last edited by dirtyJ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lanik
Data [Conditional]

Re: hrm?

Unread post by Lanik »

I've already checked my e-mail, nothing.
dirtyJ
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dirtyJ »

Ya, cause you know, xbox@email.xbox.com is a fake email address. Good thing I got my beta code from that email address too... Whether it's related to the whole AR thing or not, it's far from fake.

DJ
Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

How do you know it's fake? It seems to be popping up a lot. Another guy in the 1am thread also got it, and a link was posted in that thread to here: http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/view ... &start=345 (alkaline_black's post), which has a very Halo-esque image with those words on it. Unless these are all the same person faking this, I doubt they're all conspiring simultaneously.
dirtyJ
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dirtyJ »

Plus that whole personal integrity thing I've got that I can have people vouch for me on. That and the fact that while I am intelligent, I don't have the brains to think up an ARG as twisted as Bungie does. I'm not going to lie over something tiny like this, but I will freely post what I receive and find out.

DJ
Lanik
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Lanik »

Whether it's fake or not, I didn't get one, and I know several others that haven't either.

People on bnet did post this screenshot though. So maybe it's legit? I don't know, and I have to work in a few hours.

http://i7.tinypic.com/5269zdi.jpg
Nimble Cat
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Nimble Cat »

ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

dirtyJ wrote:Ya, cause you know, xbox@email.xbox.com is a fake email address. Good thing I got my beta code from that email address too... Whether it's related to the whole AR thing or not, it's far from fake.

DJ
E-mail routing codes are more complex than they look. For example, one of the early Cortana Letters was made to look like it came from NASA JPL.

I'm inclined to think it's a hoax... but I may be wrong.

-ACE
The Loot
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by The Loot »

Don't be so hasty, or you'll lose your spot behind The Shield. I've received the communiqué too. Seems the Site is alive, with what we must attempt to discover. (Trying to be dramatic... But here we go, as the last 4 Months are counting down.)
Attachments
AdjutantReflex.jpg
AdjutantReflex.jpg (57.42 KiB) Viewed 13188 times
Last edited by The Loot on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

The question is why some are receiving the email while others are not, myself included. I have an account at Bungie (not linked to a gamertag though), but I haven't really set up an account at Xbox.com, so that may have something to do with it. Never posted in any of the AR threads either, if that matters. Anyone happen to meet all these possible requirements but still not get the email?

(Sure hope this doesn't mean I'm out of the game or anything. Does the email link to any kind of URL? If so, what?)