hrm?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Nimble Cat
Data [Undefined]

Re: hrm?

Unread post by Nimble Cat »

Cha0sReborn wrote:The question is why some are receiving the email while others are not, myself included. I have an account at Bungie (not linked to a gamertag though), but I haven't really set up an account at Xbox.com, so that may have something to do with it. Never posted in any of the AR threads either, if that matters. Anyone happen to meet all these possible requirements but still not get the email?

(Sure hope this doesn't mean I'm out of the game or anything. Does the email link to any kind of URL? If so, what?)
It might be that you don't have an Xbox.com account. The email came in the same format and from the same address that I get marketing emails from.
dirtyJ
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dirtyJ »

Could be any number of reasons people aren't receiving the email yet. My roommate still hasn't gotten one on his comcast.net account, so it's very possible that it could be nothing more than ISP email filtering taking its sweet ass time :\.

DJ
Naburu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Naburu »

Cha0sReborn wrote:(Sure hope this doesn't mean I'm out of the game or anything. Does the email link to any kind of URL? If so, what?)
The email links to halo3.com
The Loot
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by The Loot »

It leads to halo3.com. I haven't stumbled upon anything but a curious anomaly under Media/Screensavers. Has that message always been there?
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Yes. We must find the keepers of the flame.
Blazejam
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Blazejam »

SKR wrote:Yes. We must find the keepers of the flame.
question is who are they?the ones, like me, who receved the email? and how do we get to them.
Darkendes
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Darkendes »

Are we looking for the keepers of the flame or are we the keepers of the flame? The way it's written it could mean either way...
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Does the polish of the image seem kind of weak to you? Like it is of low quality? It looks like a screenshot from Halo 2 with the Forerunner symbol photoshopped in. I can't seem to recognize that location though... Can any of you?
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Blazejam wrote:
question is who are they?the ones, like me, who receved the email? and how do we get to them.
If we have to find the keepers of the flame, I would guess them to be the monitors. Remember Regret's speech on Delta Halo? "We must ignite this ring and burn a path..." Thus, the Halos provide the flames. And the monitors are the keepers of the Halos.

I don't have a theory about us being the keepers, though.
Naburu
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Naburu »

Has anyone noticed the meta tags on halo3.com it says <meta name="ROBOTS" content="FOLLOW,INDEX">