Created Some Maps

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Created Some Maps

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

There was a track titled Road to Voi on the Halo 2 Vol 2 Soundtrack, and it was near the end. Plus Voi is near Mt Killimanjaro which we know is in the background of the announce trailer. We know it's near that area.

And bovine, what happened was that someone said "I know about Voi." And AR replied with a set of coordinates.

3:22:44S (-3.3788)
38:34:07E (38.5687)

Shortly after AR reposted saying, "Unit CorvetteHalo3's specified location has no specific significance. Investigation of that location proved fruitless. Considering other information from this thread. Signal to noise ratio is not optimum."
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:There was a track titled Road to Voi on the Halo 2 Vol 2 Soundtrack, and it was near the end. Plus Voi is near Mt Killimanjaro which we know is in the background of the announce trailer. We know it's near that area.
Aye, but I don't remember the structure in the sand ever being confirmed as the Ark...
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Well...it hasn't been specifically, but it's the best assumption we have, knowing that the Ark is on earth.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:There was a track titled Road to Voi on the Halo 2 Vol 2 Soundtrack, and it was near the end. Plus Voi is near Mt Killimanjaro which we know is in the background of the announce trailer. We know it's near that area.

And bovine, what happened was that someone said "I know about Voi." And AR replied with a set of coordinates.

3:22:44S (-3.3788)
38:34:07E (38.5687)

Shortly after AR reposted saying, "Unit CorvetteHalo3's specified location has no specific significance. Investigation of that location proved fruitless. Considering other information from this thread. Signal to noise ratio is not optimum."
I know.

AR is operating in this time, but in the Halo universe.

In 2007, no one has the slightest clue that the Ark is buried under Voi. Therefore, nothing can be found in humanities databanks about it. And since he doesn't know it's exact location, it is dismissed as irrelevant.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

That would be operating under the assumption that he's only using human resources and has no knowledge of his own though. Surely a Forerunner construct in communication with the system, Array, whatever, would be able to recognize the set of coordinates as corresponding to the location of whatever is under the sand out there.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Agreed. If we take that interpretation, that would mean that he is a foreign intelligence not residing in or from the Ark, which could also rule it out as a Forerunner construct. That would make things a little too complicated, and I think I'll look into it more once (and if) more info is stated relating to it.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:That would be operating under the assumption that he's only using human resources and has no knowledge of his own though. Surely a Forerunner construct in communication with the system, Array, whatever, would be able to recognize the set of coordinates as corresponding to the location of whatever is under the sand out there.
He may not have the clearance to that info.

The exact location of the Ark is probably only privy to the highest AI, possibly only the Monitor of the Ark itself. It would definately not be floating around in the Halo databanks, which are venerable to hacking and might be accessed by the Flood. Cortana, an AI far less advanced than Forerunner AI, did it effortlessly.
Ark7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ark7 »

We should as AR what his current location is.

(dunno if we alrdy have)
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

Ark7 wrote:We should as AR what his current location is.

(dunno if we alrdy have)
We have. It doesn't answer.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

Not like it would matter, as it's currently hopping from digital sites between the interwebs. I doubt that AR has a physical body outside the digital/virtual, with him being an AI and all.

He'll probably answer, "I'm here."