Created Some Maps

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

darkwill
Data [Conditional]

Re: Created Some Maps

Unread post by darkwill »

I've got more evidence that voi is a place. The hackers who were looking through the code in the halo 3 beta found several different things. One of these were achievements. They had a list of several achievements but the campaign ones were in order of which came first in the code. Around the middle of the list you see achievement_voi.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I'm disinclined to trust some of the things they found in the beta code. It is just code, and it is just a beta after all. Nothing final.
everluck
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by everluck »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:I'm disinclined to trust some of the things they found in the beta code. It is just code, and it is just a beta after all. Nothing final.
Odd coincidence.
MR2NoShoes
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by MR2NoShoes »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:
MR2NoShoes wrote:
Sir Topham Hat wrote:We don't think he's a monitor at all because of the discrepancy in their names. AdjutantReflex doesn't mean anything close to Guilty Spark or Penitent Tangent.
I understand the difference, but was thinking that the difference could be marked up to the fact that both Guilty Spark and Penitent Tangent both did something "bad". GS fired the halo system, and PT was captured and interrogated by the gravemind.

Perhaps the monitors give themselves their "names" based upon their individual experiences?

Why in the world do monitors need names? (Rhetorical question, but worth exploring.)
Doesn't really make sense for two monitors on completely different facilities, lightyears apart, to have such curiously similar names, does it? :lol:
It all depends on how deeply immersed in the storyline the folks at Bungie are. They don't have to make sense, just be able to explain things enough to keep the rabid fanboys like us happy. We really need to keep in perspective that this is all created by human beings, who are subject to mistakes. ;)

When guessing at plot elements, we really need to take things in that context.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

MR2NoShoes wrote:
cboy945 wrote:"Unit CorvetteHalo3's specified location has no specific significance. Investigation of that location proved fruitless. Considering other information from this thread. Signal to noise ratio is not optimum."
Doesn't this mean that the Ark is not in Voi. Also because during the announcement trailer we see the structure erupt into light, but Bungie stated that this was about half way through the game. So does this mean the structure from the trailer some sort of dummy Ark or a beacon of some sort?
Great point! We've also been told that the fight begins on earth, but is taken to another distant locale. I think that there are 2 possibilities:

1) The structure at Voi is NOT the ark. It is a "map room" of sorts, that directs us to the ark, where we will finish the fight.

2) The structure at Voi IS the ark, it gets activated, and we have to travel to at least one Halo to prevent the structure from firing. The rest of the Halos may fire, but we disable the one closest to our solar system, or to one of the covenant's homeworlds (not the methane filled grunt world!) so that humanity (and possibly some of the covenant races) may survive.
Three: AR doesn't know exactly where the Ark is.
MR2NoShoes
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by MR2NoShoes »

bovine politics wrote:
MR2NoShoes wrote:
cboy945 wrote:"Unit CorvetteHalo3's specified location has no specific significance. Investigation of that location proved fruitless. Considering other information from this thread. Signal to noise ratio is not optimum."
Doesn't this mean that the Ark is not in Voi. Also because during the announcement trailer we see the structure erupt into light, but Bungie stated that this was about half way through the game. So does this mean the structure from the trailer some sort of dummy Ark or a beacon of some sort?
Great point! We've also been told that the fight begins on earth, but is taken to another distant locale. I think that there are 2 possibilities:

1) The structure at Voi is NOT the ark. It is a "map room" of sorts, that directs us to the ark, where we will finish the fight.

2) The structure at Voi IS the ark, it gets activated, and we have to travel to at least one Halo to prevent the structure from firing. The rest of the Halos may fire, but we disable the one closest to our solar system, or to one of the covenant's homeworlds (not the methane filled grunt world!) so that humanity (and possibly some of the covenant races) may survive.
Three: AR doesn't know exactly where the Ark is.
Because he may not BE at the ark. ;)
ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

Just to throw it out:

4. He might be lying. What reason do we have to trust AR, again?

-ACE
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

everluck wrote:
Sir Topham Hat wrote:I'm disinclined to trust some of the things they found in the beta code. It is just code, and it is just a beta after all. Nothing final.
Odd coincidence.
I don't mean coincedence, I just mean that there isn't anything to be trusted as final product.
Magni Harvald
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Magni Harvald »

Voi is the name of a level in Halo 3. It isn't only referenced in the beta code, it was also hidden on a copy of a combat dialogue script someone put in the HBO forums a while back. http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/hal ... ead=795557
Last edited by Magni Harvald on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

MR2NoShoes wrote:

Three: AR doesn't know exactly where the Ark is.[/quote]

Because he may not BE at the ark. ;)[/quote]

AR pretty much supports this himself. He already said there was nothing important about Voi...