View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 pm



Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG? 
Author Message
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 203
Location: Somewhere (not there though).
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
centurionomegai wrote:

I've been looking into how IPv6 works, and it appears IPv6 addresses omit zero value spaces at the end and in the middle of addresses. Often signifying this with a double colon. Now if this is IPv6 but using periods instead of colons, then perhaps that is exactly why there is double period. The 'missing' digit is nothing but 0000, making the actual address 0862:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002 assuming this is in hexadecimal. If it still needs to be converted to hexadecimal it would be: 035e:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002 (Keep in mind, IPv6 is case sensitive).

EDIT: my internet connection doesn't support IPv6 current, so unfortunately I cannot check this out, we need someone who can to do so. And apparently consecutive groups of zeroes can be signified by a (::). So it could also be any one of the below.

Already Hex1 (AH1):
0862::0293:0342:3487:0002

Converted Hex1 (CH1):
035e::0125:0156:0d9f:0002

Already Hex2-4:
0862:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002
0862:0000:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002
0862:0000:0000:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002

Converted Hex2-4:
035e:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002
035e:0000:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002
035e:0000:0000:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002


Here's a site that tests IPv6 data:
http://ip-lookup.net/
No luck yet with any of the codes I've tried.


Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:24 pm
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:59 pm
Posts: 221
Location: KW, Ontario
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
A new comment at HBO found another "corruption" in the Halo 4 portal at xbox.com/en-US/Halo4

Image
* http://az204726.vo.msecnd.net/prod/moni ... reen1E.gif

May well be a theme running... but in this one the numbers are far more prominent...

So we have the original
862.293.342.3487.2 from ESPN, and
4657.04.21.21.34.5 from Xbox.com


Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator [Designated]
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 445
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
thereIwasn't wrote:
centurionomegai wrote:

I've been looking into how IPv6 works, and it appears IPv6 addresses omit zero value spaces at the end and in the middle of addresses. Often signifying this with a double colon. Now if this is IPv6 but using periods instead of colons, then perhaps that is exactly why there is double period. The 'missing' digit is nothing but 0000, making the actual address 0862:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002 assuming this is in hexadecimal. If it still needs to be converted to hexadecimal it would be: 035e:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002 (Keep in mind, IPv6 is case sensitive).

EDIT: my internet connection doesn't support IPv6 current, so unfortunately I cannot check this out, we need someone who can to do so. And apparently consecutive groups of zeroes can be signified by a (::). So it could also be any one of the below.

Already Hex1 (AH1):
0862::0293:0342:3487:0002

Converted Hex1 (CH1):
035e::0125:0156:0d9f:0002

Already Hex2-4:
0862:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002
0862:0000:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002
0862:0000:0000:0000:0293:0342:3487:0002

Converted Hex2-4:
035e:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002
035e:0000:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002
035e:0000:0000:0000:0125:0156:0d9f:0002


Here's a site that tests IPv6 data:
http://ip-lookup.net/
No luck yet with any of the codes I've tried.



Anyone can load up IPv6 sites if you use brackets covering the IP.
For example, if you want to load 0862::0293:0342:3487:0002, you can by using http://[0862::0293:0342:3487:0002]

However, I've had no luck with this so far.


Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:03 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Flint, Michigan, U.S.A., Earth, Sol system, Orion arm, Milky Way, Virgo supercluster
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
I looked at the links in the post about the audio file on HBO and went to the site and listened to it there and separately. I'm not sure what the confusion was but it's interesting.
Also...

thebruce wrote:
A new comment at HBO found another "corruption" in the Halo 4 portal at xbox.com/en-US/Halo4

Image
* http://az204726.vo.msecnd.net/prod/moni ... reen1E.gif

May well be a theme running... but in this one the numbers are far more prominent...

So we have the original
862.293.342.3487.2 from ESPN, and
4657.04.21.21.34.5 from Xbox.com


That was me, I was just coming over to repost. :) Here's what I put in case anyone is curious.

Quote:
While I was on here looking through the information (nothing new) and listening to the audio file that was brought up recently I noticed the screens on... well on the screen (the one on the desk I'm sitting at) occasionally had something go over them like what we saw in the recent trailer. I thought maybe I'd be lucky and they were GIFs, and long story short* I found them. Here's the biggest (and therefore clearest) one.

[the image above goes here]

the number shown is 4657.04.21.21.34.56

* sure enough I got the usual image options when I right-clicked them-- the weird thing is it wasn't in there, and I tried again to make sure it wasn't multiple pictures, and I got more of the same areas with different stuff; the page cycles through different GIFs for each screen, of the form http://az204726.vo.msecnd.net/prod/moni ... reenXY.gif, where X is a number from 1 to 4 and Y is a letter from A to E


I'm not sure because I haven't actually looked at anything having to do with the terminals since before Halo Anniversary came out, but I think that looks like the format of the numbers that show up in the beginning of the videos.


Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile YIM
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:28 am
Posts: 8
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
I wish I had Anniversary. I find these numbers to be interesting -- the numbers which look like IP addresses, but have more values than an IP address would have.

All the terminals start with numbers as well, and the code displayed on ESPN mentions the terminals a lot. What could their relationships be, and what do the numbers on the start of the terminals even signify? (I'm sure the numbers and their meanings for the terminals have been previously discussed).

They have to mean something.

Oh, and the symbols after the Terminals. What are those?


Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 am
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 203
Location: Somewhere (not there though).
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
serpx wrote:
I wish I had Anniversary. I find these numbers to be interesting -- the numbers which look like IP addresses, but have more values than an IP address would have.

All the terminals start with numbers as well, and the code displayed on ESPN mentions the terminals a lot. What could their relationships be, and what do the numbers on the start of the terminals even signify? (I'm sure the numbers and their meanings for the terminals have been previously discussed).

They have to mean something.

Oh, and the symbols after the Terminals. What are those?


Wrong format. I settled on the theory that the HCE:A terminal numbers were dates.
http://args.bungie.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1641


Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:15 am
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 203
Location: Somewhere (not there though).
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
4657.04.21.21.34.5 supposedly isn't a valid IPv6 address.
We're missing something...or maybe we haven't gotten all the numbers yet.


Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:18 am
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:25 pm
Posts: 203
Location: Somewhere (not there though).
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
It is worth noting that 0862::0293:0342:3487:0002, when typed backwards, IS a valid IP.
However, it can't be accessed yet.


Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:35 am
Profile
Data [Undefined]

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:21 am
Posts: 1
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
Image
4657.04.21.21.34.56] (in one frame you can see "]").
This numbers/date [044657.04.21.21.34.56] in 1,4 and 9 Halo: CEA terminals.
Also you can see same red screen in the start of 1 and 10 terminal.

Quote:
linvntry terminal
proc 7 8 9
rogue proc 10
probe terminal proc 10
!bite proc 10
!diag proc 10

This is also from terminals:
http://s56.radikal.ru/i152/1206/e3/82199f404578.jpg (terminal 1)
http://s018.radikal.ru/i513/1206/d6/c1c6dfb52b25.jpg (terminal 10)


Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:23 am
Posts: 48
Unread post Re: ESPN.com - Halo 4 ARG?
Quote:
4657.04.21.21.34.56] (in one frame you can see "]").
This numbers/date [044657.04.21.21.34.56] in 1,4 and 9 Halo: CEA terminals.
Also you can see same red screen in the start of 1 and 10 terminal.


This is to specific to be coincidence. I had taken a careful look at the H:CEA terminals a little while ago - they are the first 343i storytelling mechanisms. At the time I theorized that the inconsistent time stamps (the "04.21.21" variety from above) were from the perspective of something other than Spark. Something potentially within Spark, but not Spark. A geas, personality fragment, rogue process, whatever.

The year (044657) is very interesting to me. Something specific happened 44,657 years after the Halo firing. I could not determine a pattern to what was stamped by the "rogue process" and the type of terminal or terminal event, but I saw nothing conclusive. IIRC, Spark's eye flashes orange more than a few times, and I thought the initial event might have been the ship crashing on the surface - something I initially interpreted as personality fragmentation due to loneliness and stress.


Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.