Last Cutscene **SPOILERS**

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Last Cutscene **SPOILERS**

Unread post by LordOsiris »

When Master Chief is floating around the hull of the dusk, the planet seen in the background bears a striking resemblance to what i imangened as Onyx. Thoughts?
Also, Maybe the fact that the planet shown has AR's marks might mean that there is a monitor for the planet.

Mods, feel free to move this.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Last Cutscene **SPOILERS**

Unread post by the new one »

But if it is Onyx, I wonder what happened to the Onyx Sentinels that were activated... where, to be precise..

The last scene in GoO has them decimating the Covenant ships, with the fate of the human prowler ship unknown, as it attempted to hide behind the moon and (attempt slipspace, I presume)... so, perhaps they have not detected that hulking piece of space junk yet?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Onyx was much closer to home though. The Ark is supposed to be outside the galaxy.
Whatever we're looking at, it's probably not Onyx.
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

thereIwasn't wrote:Onyx was much closer to home though. The Ark is supposed to be outside the galaxy.
Who knows where that portal sent them, though. If you remember, Cortana does say they made it through the portal before it closed.... she just doesn't know where it threw them.
AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

And the Ark is outside of the Galaxy anyway yeah that's a good thought (that they haven't been detected). I have yet to read GoO but I know most of the stuff that goes on, is it occuring at the same time the trilogy is? Or the 3rd game at least?
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

The Se7enth Prophet wrote:
thereIwasn't wrote:Onyx was much closer to home though. The Ark is supposed to be outside the galaxy.
Who knows where that portal sent them, though. If you remember, Cortana does say they made it through the portal before it closed.... she just doesn't know where it threw them.
Or when......
AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Oh crap, looks like Bungie might be pulling an "Austin Powers" lol
AshofPompei
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AshofPompei »

Menelven wrote:
Or when......
Doesn't she say something along that lines "We made it through just as it collapsed...well...some of us made it." I think she is implying that they didn't make it through. I'm pretty sure they may still be near the ark.
If you noticed some of the wireframe displays of the ark that are shown once in a while on those levels there is a spherical object in the middle of the ark. Don't know if its a sun or planet.
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

Menelven wrote:
Or when......
... Or if the piece of spacecraft you're on ends up being named the Mirata and the planet you're drifiting towards is the UESC convered asteroid Deimos (i.e. the UESC Marathon) ...

... Or that the piece of spacecraft you're on is still the Mirata except the planet you're seeing is the human colonized Tau Ceti, soon to be attacked by a cetain race of three- eyed bipeds bent on conquering civilizations for the purpose of turning them into slaves....

(<---- Prays that either one of these are the case)
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Too bad the entire "HALO 3 ends at Marathon" theory has been ripped into and destroyed basically everywhere on the internet. I won't bother doing the same here. Just search HBO or Bungie.net for it and you'll see how impossible the link is.