[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out! 
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: Server rewards... *sigh* When will it ever come?

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Data [Authenticated]

They probably decided how it is very unfair that a lot of people got screwed with the prizes. I was one of the first to get to Server 4, but I got the runtime error. However, I assume the login with my Windows Live ID was recorded, but they probably don't want to have to give out prizes for everyone who at least halfway got in. You people should be lucky you at least got that message. All I got was the ASP.NET error page.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:50 pm
Data [Conditional]

What is your deal? Many people got that error, but you don't see them spamming IRC about how MS should polish up their code and get rid of the runtime error! We all know your story. I mean, you've already said it a trillion times... :roll:

Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:37 pm
Data [Undefined]

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 am
Moderator [Designated]

I remember this page....

Hey, im just saying, they actually owe them something....

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:26 pm
Data [Conditional]

Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 am
Data [Authenticated]

well I didn't mean to say that legal requirement was only due to monetary exchange. That was just a parallel. As you say, unless it's in the terms and conditions that 500 entries will be rewarded, they're not legally bound to "owe" us anything. It's entirely our own trust in their word in a marketing game that had a reward system revealed by a fictional character, after it had started... I doubt there will be anything in the T&C binding them contractually to rewarding 500 entrants (let alone entrants across the world).

So once again, we want them desperately, for their own reputation and respect, to follow through on their in-game promise. In that sense, one might be able to say they 'owe' us something.

But I say, prepare for nothing. This wasn't all about the swag, if you really care about the story. If they send us something, grrrrreat! But there's no reason to stress out about all this, since we gave nothing with the strict intent of being compensated, not that that's a requirement. Look at it as a 'bonus', rather than a 'right'. It's doubtful the latter is true, and more doubtful that it would stand up in court =P

Anyhow, someone read the T&C ;)

Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Data [Authenticated]

that would work

Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:58 am
Data [Authenticated]

Over at CI, there's a thread by TheKilla88 with pics of his server 3 package--apparently, the package was marked for 2-day delivery, and had a "mail by October 25" stamp on it (and a poster and an H3 keychain inside). So, I guess we have a reason to watch the mail again.

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/118020/Fo ... D=13945800

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:17 pm
Moderator [Designated]

Here's the actual pic itself:

I hate to say this, but until more than one person receives a Server 3 package, I can't call this legit. This exact same Iris poster was pinned up in a Microsoft cafeteria (pic in the Glyph topic in our Resources forum). The keychains are easily obtainable, like from the Bungie store. I personally believe this is the real deal, and I'm REALLY hoping that it is. Keep up hope everyone, but be cautious...

Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next