Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out!

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Iris Rewards Are Out! [UPDATE WITH A THEORY]

Unread post by smallfry »

To add to the op theory (pure speculation, of course!): I wonder if this (by this I mean the slenderness of the swag--not that I'm complaining!--compared to servers 1 & 2; and the larger-than-expected pool of people receiving packages) is a clue to why the packages didn't get sent when we expected them to be. To wit: maybe the data as to who opened the servers got screwed up, so they had a list of far more people than they wanted to send t-shirts, signed books, etc, to. After Geppetto's thread, they decided to take care of it this way.

Again, only supposition, using my arg-honed powers of inference and deduction.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Sorry to repost old information, but I need something clarified about this theory. Does it mean that possibly EVERYONE who filled out that form for personal information like address and phone numbers, and all that just might be receiving something, as if its a small gesture by the people in charge of this little mishap to correct the mistakes made? THAT WOULD BE GREAT! If its true that is. I did fill out that form, but I didn't open any servers. I won't get my hopes up, but man will the next few days be filled with endless waiting for results.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

well, i unlocked server 4 and I just got off the phone with DHL... nothing. she said there was something coming from Micro$oft, and something about a pick-up... but it got CANCELLED???? and she really didnt know what that meant... so.... we will see. I would still love to get some goodies and all, but I had already written the prize off. either way, the "game" was fun. and dispite my ranting on the night server 5 was unlocked, I still enjoyed being a part of this community!

-Ben
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Lol.... quote of the day...
Posted by: AJAQ
Posted by: Tito
When you guys get your keychain, make sure u dont spin it around your index finger because the center piece will come off.

I broke mines 2 minutes after getting it ,lol.
I can't' say I feel sorry for you. Don't you have 2 more?
retina
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by retina »

Heh, I got one too. And mine also said ship by October 25.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Wait so if you have unlocked a server before you can get this package? Pretty weird might give DHL a call because where I live they always mess up on my packages.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Unr3alChi3f wrote:Lol.... quote of the day...
Posted by: AJAQ
Posted by: Tito
When you guys get your keychain, make sure u dont spin it around your index finger because the center piece will come off.

I broke mines 2 minutes after getting it ,lol.
I can't' say I feel sorry for you. Don't you have 2 more?
That dumb mofo STILL was given another package? Well damn.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Doug52392 »

So its possible that I can get a prize? I was in server 4, but got the runtime error. What page for personal information are you talking about? I remember signing somting with personal information somewhere for Iris. Where would I find out if somtings coming?
AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Server reward number 3 is out!!! Others are unknown...

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

PapaStu wrote:
AfRo SaUcE wrote:My mom didn't check the mail... =(
Checking the mail shouldn't matter, since this is a package being dropped off by DSL at your doorstep.
I have a P.O. Box.

And yes, it might be possible for you to get a package, I was thinking maybe those people that didn't unlock the server but were stopped by runtime or just filled out their info might be getting the poster and keychain... but then again, server 3 package got that so... eh.. idk
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

just called up DHL... Nothing is showing up on their system delivering to my address so i guess this theory is a bust...