Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out!

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Iris Rewards 3 and 4 are out!

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

3 Reward is a keychain and a poster

4 reward is the keychain (pic above) and a beanie or a wristband...

Unfortunantly, we at ABO do not have a clue when the other packages are coming... but, when we do recieve word that rewards have been sent out, I will update this announcement on it is...

~Unr3alChi3f
Kiaffex
Data [Undefined]

Re: Server rewards... *sigh* When will it ever come?

Unread post by Kiaffex »

Anyone still waiting, or have we given up on this?
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

There's got to be someone in the know, somewhere. This is ridiculous. We've had people at various events ask around, but no one ever knows anything, from Bungie or MS reps. Who was in charge of this thing?
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

i have a bad feeling whoever ran this thing has just packed up and left, im hopeing theyre waiting for contact harvest to come out to send that out as the prize but i somehow reckon weve been forgotten about :x
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

ive become tired of waiting honestly. If i get the tshirt, gamerpic or some other nic nac thats great but as i see it now since bungie didnt actually run the ARG the fans got farked. Had bungie actually ran it this thread would be nonexistent. If i ever see my server 3 package ill be very very very (etc.) surprised. But eh im just cynical.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

is it to early to say "I told you so" ?
but seriously, it doesnt make sense to me why they would just drop it. anyways, I have stopped checking the front porch everyday for a DHL package, but a small part of me still hopes to come home to something special from bungie.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

someone should start a petition... get at least 300 digital signatures :P
well hey, if there's enough people out there who can sympathize and also sign, then it could get big fast.. might be able to get some anti-MS people on board too, hehe
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

You act like Microsoft or Bungie or whoever the third-party marketing agency that handled Iris was (probably Marden-Kane) actually owes you something... the truth is, it was a gimme, they can do whatever they want. Yes, it sucks, but it's their business.

What ever happened to that guy from uF who supposedly got in contact with someone from the Iris promotion department and was told the prizes "hadn't been shipped yet", which we all took to mean that they would in fact be sent out? Has anyone tried re-tracing his steps to make contact with them, or has he confided his source contact with anyone from this forum to confirm or follow up?
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Oh they don't owe us anything, but it's extremely bad form... I'm certain we can all live with not getting anything, but it's the principle of the thing. Starting something and not finishing it, making a promise and not following through (yes, in-game all 500 were told they'd be rewarded, only 200 were), etc etc...
it's the principle of the thing ;)
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

thebruce wrote:Oh they don't owe us anything...
Actually they do. You're forgetting that the unlock key screen says:

"For your participation in unlocking this Forefunner database you will be rewarded. More information will be sent to you soon."

I didn't get any information sent to me and I certainly didn't get rewarded. They owe us.