Reclaimer references - connection?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

FollyisFire
Data [Conditional]

Reclaimer references - connection?

Unread post by FollyisFire »

To stir another subject of debate; from Halo 1's dialogue.

If I can remember correctly, what possibly was 343 GS refering to when he mentioned that " when you asked me last time, if I would; having sufficient time to debate upon your query, I think it was the right thing to do"

This conversation happened between John and GS, meaning reclaimers apparently resemble John's armor.

Add this to the clues from the Terminals, etc and what can we make of this?

Was 343 GS referring to Didact?
smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Reclaimer references - connection?

Unread post by smallfry »

Personally, I think GS was just loopy.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

i think he ment humanity in general, im pretty sure he knows that all the forerunners are dead, unless some are hidden in cryo, or slipspace
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

he also called john the brother of the forerunner, i believe? or something like it.
so yes..there mustve been others that looked like him. :|
FollyisFire
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by FollyisFire »

EliteSniper177 wrote:i think he ment humanity in general, im pretty sure he knows that all the forerunners are dead, unless some are hidden in cryo, or slipspace
I didn't say that he thought a Forerunner was alive, just that John has a very strong resemblence to what the last reclaimer looked like, which I believe is very much possible Didact.

Besides, 343 has never gone rampant, just has his little outbursts ;)
spartan117 wrote:he also called john the brother of the forerunner, i believe? or something like it.
so yes..there mustve been others that looked like him. :|
That I believe is in reference to our Lineage, as being the trancendence of the Forerunners. He said, son I think.
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

Yes, he called John their son.
FYRHWK
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by FYRHWK »

FollyisFire wrote:To stir another subject of debate; from Halo 1's dialogue.

If I can remember correctly, what possibly was 343 GS refering to when he mentioned that " when you asked me last time, if I would; having sufficient time to debate upon your query, I think it was the right thing to do"

This conversation happened between John and GS, meaning reclaimers apparently resemble John's armor.

Add this to the clues from the Terminals, etc and what can we make of this?

Was 343 GS referring to Didact?

Back in the library, halo 1, 343 rated the chiefs armor at level 2, and recommended he upgrade to a class 12 combat skin.
These Sentinels will supplement your combat system. But, I suggest you upgrade to at least a Class Twelve combat skin. Your current model only scans as a Class Two, which is ill suited for this kind of work.
terstyne
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by terstyne »

Mayyybeeee, the Humans are on the same evolutionary path that the Forerunners were on and the current technology of the suit that John is wearing was once a level of technology the Forerunners achieved. Except, the Humans have yet to develop the level 12 technology (like armor) to which he refers. What do you think?
FYRHWK
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by FYRHWK »

terstyne wrote:Mayyybeeee, the Humans are on the same evolutionary path that the Forerunners were on and the current technology of the suit that John is wearing was once a level of technology the Forerunners achieved. Except, the Humans have yet to develop the level 12 technology (like armor) to which he refers. What do you think?
Spoilers ahead, if you haven't read the terminals.

One of the terminals speaks about suit classification requirements for certain zones.

[spoiler]Non-combat personnel are required to wear [combat skin] with a minimum rating of at least [class 12] in non-restricted areas, once the fleet is underway. [Class 14] or lesser [combat skin] is acceptable in core areas. Combat personnel will only be permitted to wear [combat skin] rated below [class 8] in core areas, once operations begin.[/spoiler]

My opinion is the team that found the data (or suit) used to build the Mjolnir armor found one of these lower class suits and based it off of that level, which to us I'm sure would be top notch. I'm sure there's a genetic similarity to the forerunners, I just think the suit was more of a lost technology that we copied kind of similarity.
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

*SPOILERS IN POST* -kinda (Just a bit from the Terminals)

There was one thing that slightly confused me in regards to the combat suit ratings in the terminal.

It states that: "Combat personnel will only be permitted to wear [combat skin] rated below [class 8] in core areas, once operations begin", making it seem as though the lower numbered suits offer higher protection. As non-combat personnel are required to wear level 12 or lower armour in non-restricted areas and 14 or lower in core areas. Logically thinking, core areas would be better secured, whereas non-restricted areas would not be as well defended, requiring them to wear slightly tougher suits. (I drew this logic from the fact that the combat personnel are required to wear level 8, or lower.)
Also, the terminology used. "will only be permitted to wear [combat skin] rated below [class 8]". Implying that the lower the class number, the greater the protection.

Now, this confuses me, as 343 GS recommends that John "upgrade" his armour from level 2, to level 12. Why would he be telling John to effectively weaken his armour? Now, it's been a while since I played Halo 1 (think multiples of 1 year), and chances are I'm going to boot up the game to check this out, but what were the exact conditions when GS said this? Was there anything other actions John would have to perform, other than fighting?