General Terminal Discussion *Campaign Spoilers*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Re: General Terminal Discussion *Campaign Spoilers*

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

While 343 calls the covenent meddlers, he is referring to Prophet Truth when he talks about "THE meddler." 343 is simply indetifying with the fact that the prophet of truth must be stopped or well all be in serious trouble.

Nothing new really...
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

if he says "the meddler" it's truth, unless context implies otherwise (arby dies on The Ark, Sparky says "oh dear, teh meddler is dead" etc.). IF he uses the plural, it's teh covenant.
davemd
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by davemd »

I doubt anyone is even reading this anymore, but just in case I thought I'd post. Looking over all this info, and everything everyone here has said, and the link to that other forum, I think something has been overlooked. Possibly either the location of where Chief is now, or where the remaining forerunner are, or both with the final legendary cutscene, IS revealed in the terminals. I haven't seen anyone mention these lines from Terminal 6:

" Follow-up report from the Primary Pioneer Group (hereafter: PPG) is [173 hours] delinquent.
Report [G617a~k/g/post_landfall] seemed most promising: a planet capable of supporting life located within the near border region of the [galactic halo] with no indigenous sentient species
The section indicating no fauna of any kind shall be considered anomalous until verified by Advance Survey Team – Alpha (hereafter: AST-A) team leader [##_#[?]]. If confirmed, that fact alone would justify the dispatch of an investigative group to [G 617 g].
If neither the PPG nor the AST-A have delivered a follow-up report within the next [333 hours] this office will have no recourse but to send a medium intensity military exploratory detachment to determine the exact nature of the previously mentioned delinquency."

Is this planet the location of the final scene of halo 3 and the remaining forerunner population?
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

I must say that is a most intriguing theory that I am inclined to agree with till someone can present something against it. LETS HEAR IT PEOPLE!!! Is there a challenge against this theory? Tell me what I have overlooked by believing in this!
dan_rules
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dan_rules »

hmmm... i could go with that. People going missing, military deployment.... that could be the reason for the music that goes with the legendary ending. Clearly there's something going on on whatever that sphere/planet/whatever is. i dunno entirely about the remaining forerunners, but perhaps they're ultimate extintion took place on that planet, with an entirely new threat... in turn it wouldn't be a halo game, but would expand on the universe. i dunno, i could believe that...
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

dan_rules wrote:hmmm... i could go with that. People going missing, military deployment.... that could be the reason for the music that goes with the legendary ending. Clearly there's something going on on whatever that sphere/planet/whatever is. i dunno entirely about the remaining forerunners, but perhaps they're ultimate extintion took place on that planet, with an entirely new threat... in turn it wouldn't be a halo game, but would expand on the universe. i dunno, i could believe that...
Definitely a good find! I think the two seem to fit together -- the music during the cutscene is totally in crescendo, meaning it is the beginning of something spectacular. This bit of text from Terminal 6 really reads like a cliffhanger, too...

The only thing holding me back from fully embracing it is that we don't know where MC and Cortana ended up -- were they teleported somewhere, or are they still there by the Ark/Foundry? It seems that if they were still there by the Ark, they'd be killed by the explosion of Delta Halo Mark II... and if we read the text from Terminal 6 to mean that this [G617g] planet is near the Ark (or "Galactic Halo"), that's where they'd have to be for this theory to be right. So, either they are still there, survived by miracle and we are reading it correctly, or they warped somewhere else and we are (well, I am) interpreting the text wrong.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

The planet in question, and chief, couldn't be anywhere near the ark. In Halo 1 343 GS said that Halo (which is the one that was being rebuilt on the ark), has "a maximum effective radius of twenty-five thousand light years" (as transcribed by Halo.bungie.org). Long stroy short, this has to mean that Chief's part of Forward Unto Dawn did go through the portal, but didn't return to Earth, or that the planet in question is far, far away from the ark (more than 25,000 light years to be exact)
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

thereIwasn't wrote:The planet in question, and chief, couldn't be anywhere near the ark. In Halo 1 343 GS said that Halo (which is the one that was being rebuilt on the ark), has "a maximum effective radius of twenty-five thousand light years" (as transcribed by Halo.bungie.org). Long stroy short, this has to mean that Chief's part of Forward Unto Dawn did go through the portal, but didn't return to Earth, or that the planet in question is far, far away from the ark (more than 25,000 light years to be exact)
...unless the unfinished Delta Halo Mark II didn't fire to its full capacity because it was being shaken apart. But that is just pure speculation, so I think you are right in that respect. But what other meaning could "[galactic halo]" have if it is not the Ark?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

According to wikipedia, a galactic halo is something to the effect of a 'spherical nonvisable component of a galaxy' or pretty much whichever stars count as part of a galaxy (a spiral galaxy, such as ours, is often used in examples). In simple terms, what it translates into is that the forerunners found a planet at the edge of the galaxy capable of supporting life, but with no sentient species on it.