General Terminal Discussion *Campaign Spoilers*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Re: General Terminal Discussion *Campaign Spoilers*

Unread post by Kashaku »

As it would appear, Avateur, your thoughts seem to mirror alot of people's ideas, but thats just because it makes sense really, not trying to say your theory is unoriginal, it just sometimes takes someone else to say something for someone else to realize they think the same thing...

What bother's me considerablly is if it is the Maginot Sphere, then, than as you questioned how in sam hell did they get there? Further still, the very last bit of music in the ending credits right as you see what's left of the Dawn floating towards the planet/object/thing is rather ominous, and not exactly what you'd expect for a place like MS, which would be a safe haven for MC and Cortana...It's almost like an old TV show in comparison.

Will John and Cortana make it back Home? And what's that giant blue thing they are drifting towards? Tune in next time for the next installment of Master Cheif Adventures!!!

You get the idea....
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

It's not really blue, that's the light hitting the atmosphere of the planet. The actual color of the planet is unknown due to the darkness there at the time.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Personally I think it IS the Maginot Sphere. If you think about it, a Maginot line is a defensive line as stated many times now. This IS Forerunner technology we are talking about. Perhaps it is a combination of the technologies of the Halo rings and a Shield World. It protects those inside it at all times and fires off what ever the rings do if ANY Flood are detected within a specific distance. And to explain how Master Chief and Cortana got there.......Cortana herself said it. (Not word for word) "The portal destabilized just as we made it through". In order for Master Chief to have survived, the ENTIRE ship MUST have at the very least made it into the portal. It can be said that it is NOT an instantaneous transit from the Ark to Earth because it is most likely an accelerated slip space worm hole kind of thing. If is destabilized, the further something was through it, the more likely it would have made it all the way, and the further back it was the more likely it wouldn't make it all the way. It wouldn't be a large leap of logic to think that if the portal destabilized the computers or what ever controlled it (perhaps MB) would lock on to the next available destination such as the Maginot Sphere. With the evidence given it COULD be believed that the destabilization was done on purpose to take Master Chief to the Maginot Sphere and not caused by damage to the Ark.

Any questions?
FollyisFire
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by FollyisFire »

Sounds good ;)
AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

First of all I just wanted to say it feels good to be back, I've been back just didn't find the right time to post it...

Anyway, Avateur's theory makes a lot of sense as does your's, Hojo, I'm going to agree with what MB *might have done* and destabilized the portal and warped MC and Cortana to prove that he will aid the reclaimer. On another note... Didn't Arbiter say "Follow one betrayal with another." ? to MC before they fought off the flood after killing Truth? (got the idea from the other thread, this and the other seem to be on the same topic so yeah..)
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

I thought the Arbiter said something along the lines of "Trade one enemy for another."
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

He said betray one enemy for another. The Arbiter betrayed the Prophets. The Flood offered to help kill the Prophet, and then turns around to try and kill the Arbiter and Master Chief once the Prophet is dead. The Flood Betrayed the Arbiter and Master Chief.....but we knew the Flood would do something like that.
AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, and yeah, cmon, of course the flood would do that, how else were we supposed to get Cortana back?

Anyway, I found something very interesting, on the Halo 3 Legendary Disk one (essentials disk 1) There is a gallery that shows a lot of concept art and pictures from the game. Image 99 shows 2 artificial planets that look like probable shield worlds, they seem to be lined up but Its hard to tell as there's only 2, Maginot anyone?
Ryoseth
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ryoseth »

I'm a little confused by everyone's use of the term "Maginot"
from my understanding, a Maginot is, basically, a perimiter between hostile territory and non-hostile territory.
So in Halo's case...it's the territory beyond the blast radius of the Halo array.
The Ark was beyond the blast radius of the Halo Array, however it itself had a Halo, which MC activated.
could someone please elucidate on this a little for me?
::
as for picture 99, on the LE disc image gallery.
that seems like a viable concept illustration for...whatever Cortana and MC are drifting towards.
I also speculate that...perhaps in 11 days [Oct 14th i believe[the date the new halo countdown timer ends]] is when we might get some more insight.
The Legendary ending to H3 is really satisfying, and Bungie has said that H3 was the end of the trilogy [from what i understand, i can't name the source however]
but the extra ending just gives a satisfying..."HMMMMMmmmm...?" to it.
it's like there will be a Halo 4...or...perhaps the current "Bungie Project" [involving Weta and Peter Jackson] is a continuation of MC and Cortana.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

I've gotta say that I think the Arbiter's line was:

"We trade one villain for another."

Which makes a ton of sense.