Pontiac Halo 3 site.

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Pontiac Halo 3 site.

Unread post by MulletedOne »

http://pontiachalo3.onlinepromo.com/

The background is the background of Server 5 (but only a corner used over and over) but the thing of interest is that there appears to be a bridge leading out of the Server 5 room that is hanging over a nebula. The bridge seems kinda intentional since the content doesn't really fill the page.

What does this mean? Well, if the background came from Bungie (which I believe is so due to the pattern on the bridge) then it could be a hint to the location of the Servers. Or it's just further proof of using Iris in normal marketing to hint that the next step is in Halo 3.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Pontiac Halo 3 site.

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Sweet! Nice find! Play the gamez, win either a change to play Halo 3 early (in SF or NY) or win a copy of Halo 3 early! I played both games. I got the answers right to the Win A Copy game, but didn't win Halo 3 early (guess I answered too slowly or something). But when I played the Be the First to Play game, I answered quickly and won! Here's the huge screenie (so you can read the words):
San Francisco on 9/11/07, here I come!
ii otnemem ii

My coworker also did it and we answered the questions in under a minute total, but still didn't win (although we got them both right). So, I don't think it is a speed-based quiz; at least not on that game.

Edit: So, now the question is, do I want to drive the 12 hours to San Fran just to battle 2499 other invitation holders to try to be one of the 200 people who are let in? Hmm... it's a "first come, first serve" basis, too... Do I want to? Yes. Will I? Hmm...

Edit 2: This should probably be moved to Meta... also, there is another contest site with basically the same prize, but for the London launch HERE (click on "Terms and Conditions" for how to play):

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/halo3/halo3-premiere.htm
poundinpolark51
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by poundinpolark51 »

Yea i won too but then i tried to the play to own and i got it under a minute caus ei live a couple cities over from cambridge mass and had google open so i googled the cars horsepower and didnt win. 2 of my friends also won the play for a early chance to play halo 3 in new york on thier first trys(like me) i personally think that event is easy to win and the only reason they let so many prizes go out for it is cause people from far away with understanding or ability to travel will play, win and not go. I hope so cause we plan on going and wan to be in the 200 that get in :D
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Why would this be moved to Meta? It uses elements of IRIS, this isn't life outside of IRIS. Besides the magazine cover which has less IRISy things is still in Discussion.
ii otnemem ii

MulletedOne wrote:Why would this be moved to Meta? It uses elements of IRIS, this isn't life outside of IRIS. Besides the magazine cover which has less IRISy things is still in Discussion.
I'm no mod, but this is OOG (as the G is already over), and is more a real-world experience, i.e. contest. leave it here, move it, i don't care. Yeah, the magazine cover is here, too, and were I modding, I would make the rule that "just 'cuz it has a glyph in it, doesn't make it tied to Iris"... It needs to be specifically in-game (which, again, is now over and will not resume until Halo 3 launch, or until more weird stuff starts happening), mention characters, add to the plot, etc... if not, into Meta you go.
...or not... who cares, not me.
Anyway -- back on topic -- please do us all a favor and don't post the answers in this thread, or any other thread for that matter. The last thing we need are more key-snipers. :twisted:
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

To be perfectly honest, the only reason I've left this in Discussion is because of how this site appears to take place in the Server 5 room, and how there does appear to be a bridge or -something- leading into that room. It makes me wonder if we're getting a sneak peak at the Ark, or some special little rooms or locations where the Terminals will be located.

Either way, assuming Microsoft is actually highly involved in this Pontiac marketing scheme, the Glyph being used for either "game" and the Server 5 room being used as the background may serve as a clue for what's yet to come. Iris may be "over" for now, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them throwing hints or other things our way while we wait.

Naturally, if another Mod feels it's best in META, that's fine with me. I'm leaving it here for now.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Yay, I got a ticket. However, to get in I need to part of the first hundred ticket holders.
Agent ME
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Agent ME »

I hate sometimes how Halo3 is rated M and me being 15... I could fake my on that page and all that, but if I actually won it and went there, I think they'd figure I'm not 18 like I said I was... :x
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

I think it's fine here for now.