Episodes from Halo3.com are now gone...

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Episodes from Halo3.com are now gone...

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

..its now replaced with "Tour the John-117 Monument" going to http://www.halo3.com/believe/test/shell.html

~Unr3alChi3f

Forum is STILL read-only, I copy/paste PMs that I recieve and do replies and just change the author... And will not read PM replies if its some1 that I do not really know AND/OR trust...
Last edited by Avateur on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Link fix'd
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Episodes from Halo3.com are now gone...

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Seeing that makes me want to cry........

That and a few adds I have seen have made me come to believe that Master Chief will die at the end of the game.........

I bet the end of the game, what ever happens, it will be highly emotional for many.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:Seeing that makes me want to cry........

That and a few adds I have seen have made me come to believe that Master Chief will die at the end of the game.........

I bet the end of the game, what ever happens, it will be highly emotional for many.
Remember, the diorama run-through states that Master Chief allowed himself to get captured. And he's about to show that Brute who's boss. For now, Master Chief has good odds of surviving the entire thing. I wouldn't bank on him dying. Either way, like you said, I have a feeling this game is going to be highly emotional and a tear-jerker. Either way, try and reserve all judgments until you beat HALO 3. Remember what this campaign is all about...

BELIEVE
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Anyone recall the Halo 2 E3 playthrough video?

"Betcha can't stick it."

"You're on."

:D
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Avateur wrote:Remember, the diorama run-through states that Master Chief allowed himself to get captured. And he's about to show that Brute who's boss. For now, Master Chief has good odds of surviving the entire thing. I wouldn't bank on him dying. Either way, like you said, I have a feeling this game is going to be highly emotional and a tear-jerker. Either way, try and reserve all judgments until you beat HALO 3. Remember what this campaign is all about...

BELIEVE

Go read the adds for Halo 3 in OXM and Game Informer. They make it sound like Master Chief is already dead. I personally don’t think he dies, but many things are starting to point in that general direction. He IS getting on in his years after all. Just because he is cyberneticly enhanced, possibly genetically superior to normal people, and is probably in the best physical shape it is possible to be in, doesn’t mean that he will outlive average people. I am going to look it up soon in the novels, but I think the Spartan 2’s were all around 30 or so when they finally got their armor, and we know that they had their armor for a while before Spartans were actively used to engage the Covenant.

Note: some1 please fix this quote... i somehow get this everytime i try to change it.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Frankie himself has already stated that those ads in EGM and OXM and everywhere else are made by Microsoft with just about zero input from Bungie. They are completely unaware of the plot of HALO 3 or its ending. Frankie also stated that this entire "BELIEVE" campaign is not canon. It's marketing. Very emotional marketing, and it's definitely caught my interest and it's extremely well done, but it's still only marketing.
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

Avateur wrote:Frankie himself has already stated that those ads in EGM and OXM and everywhere else are made by Microsoft with just about zero input from Bungie. They are completely unaware of the plot of HALO 3 or its ending. Frankie also stated that this entire "BELIEVE" campaign is not canon. It's marketing. Very emotional marketing, and it's definitely caught my interest and it's extremely well done, but it's still only marketing.

Agreed, in fact the editor of OXM saw the entire ad campaign (more than we have in fact) and was still surprised by the ending of the single player.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Remember when we all thought "BELIEVE" was a load of vaporware? I wanted to give it a chance even though it seemed somewhat stupid. Seems Microsoft actually did something smart this time. I really wish this whole thing WAS canon. It really gets to me emotionally. Hopefully Halo 3's campaign can get to me like this. If it does, I'll be really happy that a game was able to make me feel it was real. Almost the single digits everyone!
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

So close to release....I want to know why one of the Believe videos isn't scheduled for release until the first of october....
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Microsoft isn't going to stop the hype train on September 25th, so there's bound to be more about it after release.

And chances are everyone who likes the diorama campaign of ads (like me) will check back for that new content.