I saw the "Africa Coast" from Server 1 on TV

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

I saw the "Africa Coast" from Server 1 on TV

Unread post by MulletedOne »

^Server Pic^
^History Channel^

It was a render of a nebula on this meteor special on the History Channel, they were talking about how life came from comets that passed through these nebulas and picked up with necessary chemicals for life.

Thought I'd throw this out there.
Last edited by The Se7enth Prophet on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added history picture for quick comparison
retina
Data [Conditional]

Re: I saw the "Africa Coast" from Server 1 on TV

Unread post by retina »

I swear, I just saw that picture in 'The Universe: Mars - The Red Planet'. One minute ago.

EDIT: WOAH. This is almost definately not Africa. The following screen cap was taken from this video. If you want, check it yourself. It's at 8:57, give or take a second.

The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

retina wrote:I swear, I just saw that picture in 'The Universe: Mars - The Red Planet'. One minute ago.

EDIT: WOAH. This is almost definately not Africa. The following screen cap was taken from this video. If you want, check it yourself. It's at 8:57, give or take a second.

I was going to say it was coincidence... but those are near clones... wow.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

This image shows that it is exactly the same. Final proof that it is a History Channel nebula shot in the server vid.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

the latest episode of "The Universe" was called "The Search for ET" and i saw the first panel from the infestation image in there, made me freeze for a min, trying to see if i was delusional from lack of ARG, lol, but alot of the things in the videos, seem to be in "The Universe"
retina
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by retina »

What part of that episode of 'The Universe'?

Also, just have to say that series is one of the best I've seen on the History Channel.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

you can see it briefly in the first third of the episode, where there talking to Robert Hurt of Caltech, they say something like "These images can make it easier to explain complex things, such as the formation of a nebula" or something like that, but the image is upside down, and shows the image in an animation, where the small red circle is orbiting the larger blue circle, hit me like a brick when i was watching it
retina
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by retina »

This image might be dark matter. It was shown when they said 'dark matter' in the episode of The Universe: Alien Galaxies. I'm going to check out the video to see if I can get a screen cap.

Edit: It's in this video. Go to 8:23, give or take a few seconds.

Edit: EliteSniper, nice find. The Infestation planet is shown in this video at approximately 8:30, give or take a second. I'm going to try and get a more hi-def screenshot.
rebelrebirth
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by rebelrebirth »

thats pretty cool that you had the memory and the eyes to see that. Pretty interesting stuff :)