small clue as to IRIS' context

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

small clue as to IRIS' context

Unread post by smallfry »

In this article at 1up (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.off ... Id=3162610), there's a quote from Staten (on the second page). I'll quote the paragraph in full:

""The ARG this time around is a lot simpler than I Love Bees," says Staten. "The barriers to entry are lower. But at the same time, we wanted people who really get into it to find cool things. In the Halo 2 time frame, we were too busy and told everyone, 'If you want to do something, it can't have anything to do with the game, no crossover.' This time around, we had the bandwidth to go, 'ARG? Sure. Here's a cool artifact buried beneath the savanna, and here's an idea we have for a story you might do about that.'""

So that seems to say pretty conclusively that AR, NAR, and the servers are in the Ark. Not the hugest revelation, I know, but personally I'm happy for every little bit of contextual grounding I can glean regarding AR, NAR, and the 5 servers.

If this is too slight for its own topic, please merge with another or delete.
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Re: small clue as to IRIS' context

Unread post by KLind »

Thats the quote from EGM.
smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

Re: small clue as to IRIS' context

Unread post by smallfry »

Ah, ok then. Thanks. So hard to be the first to find anything!

Nevermind. :)