Iris Is Officially Over...

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

AshofPompei
Data [Conditional]

Re: "Iris... It's finished. No, I think we're just getting start

Unread post by AshofPompei »

Power to IRIS wrote:Again, all signs point to this being over in early September. The signs: Jonas is coming back August 28th, "Tomorrow..." hasn't happened yet, and Microsoft themselves have also said the ARG will go until near Halo 3's launch.
Please prove any of this.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I don't understand what's so hard to grasp. Microsoft has not once said that Iris would go until September 26. Ever. Words were taken extremely out of context, and of course they spread like a wild fire. No on knows when Iris is going to end, period. Assuming the released Microsoft memo thing is legit, Iris is officially over.

I'm not giving up hope until August 28, but I'm fairly convinced we're done.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Power to IRIS wrote:Again, all signs point to this being over in early September. The signs: Jonas is coming back August 28th, "Tomorrow..." hasn't happened yet, and Microsoft themselves have also said the ARG will go until near Halo 3's launch.
And, as quoted in the audio:

"Infinite answers to our present have shifted
And you, Redeemer, now hold the keys."

We have the keys to the answers, but we don't actually have the answers yet.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Guys, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. IRIS WILL (most likely) CONTINUE. YES, I CAN SAY IT MOST LIKELY WILL, BUT NOT ANY TIME SOON.

See that Terminal.jpg? I can tell you right now that its probably an "easter egg" type thing in Halo 3 that will continue the story of IRIS. Look for him in the Ark, he'll be there to answer our questions. Until then, keep a lookout for more, but I doubt you'll find anything.
AshofPompei
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AshofPompei »

DHalo wrote:Guys, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. IRIS WILL (most likely) CONTINUE. YES, I CAN SAY IT MOST LIKELY WILL, BUT NOT ANY TIME SOON.

See that Terminal.jpg? I can tell you right now that its probably an "easter egg" type thing in Halo 3 that will continue the story of IRIS. Look for him in the Ark, he'll be there to answer our questions. Until then, keep a lookout for more, but I doubt you'll find anything.
So you're saying that the Iris ARG is over then right.
Because that is what this thread is for.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

AshofPompei wrote:
DHalo wrote:Guys, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. IRIS WILL (most likely) CONTINUE. YES, I CAN SAY IT MOST LIKELY WILL, BUT NOT ANY TIME SOON.

So you're saying that the Iris ARG is over then right.
Because that is what this thread is for.

Pretty much. If the story continues in-game, then the marketing campaign/ARG has indeed ended.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Oh. Duh.

[spoiler]Anyone recall the leaked gamerscore awards for Halo 3?

I seem to remember one, entitled Marathon Man, that said "Find and activate all the terminals."

Terminal.jpg...? Perhaps that is where IRIS continues.[/spoiler]
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

theteal1 wrote:

Oh. Duh.

[spoiler]Anyone recall the leaked gamerscore awards for Halo 3?

I seem to remember one, entitled Marathon Man, that said "Find and activate all the terminals."

Terminal.jpg...? Perhaps that is where IRIS continues.[/spoiler]
Then wouldn't that mean that IRIS would have to continue after the game ships and releases? That wouldn't make much sense, in my opinion.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

M3 Rokit wrote: Then wouldn't that mean that IRIS would have to continue after the game ships and releases? That wouldn't make much sense, in my opinion.

IRIS wouldn't be continuing since it's the product not the advertising for the product.

EDIT: See if that fixes the problem.

EDIT 2: Yup, fixt.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

MulletedOne wrote:
M3 Rokit wrote: Then wouldn't that mean that IRIS would have to continue after the game ships and releases? That wouldn't make much sense, in my opinion.

IRIS wouldn't be continuing since it's the product not the advertising for the product.

EDIT: See if that fixes the problem.

EDIT 2: Yup, fixt.
*shrug*

Well, not necessarily IRIS, but the rest of the IRIS story. Like who's talking in the Bounce Path Control Audio.

Oh, and sorry for not spoilering that.